Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello.
Raspi B rev.2; Swap=512M; 8GB SD; Fresh installed Raspbian Stretch

$./setup.sh
#install process and and at the end
<code>
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/languages/svnclasses.hu.po
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/languages/svnclasses.lt.po
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/languages/svnclasses.it.po
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/Makefile
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/lazsvnpkg.lpk
lazarus/components/lazsvnpkg/lazsvnpkg_images_list.txt
lazarus/localize.bat
lazarus/lazarus
An unhandled exception occurred at $000128B0:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
   $000128B0

Your Free Pascal 3.3.1 with Lazarus 2.0 is now installed
</code>

When I am Trying to start Lazarus:
$ ./lazarus.sh
<code>
An unhandled exception occurred at $000128B0:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
   $000128B0

An unhandled exception occurred at $000267D0:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
   $000267D0
</code>

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Thank You, Milan.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:30:00 +0100, Milan Baša via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello.
>Raspi B rev.2; Swap=512M; 8GB SD; Fresh installed Raspbian Stretch

><code>
>An unhandled exception occurred at $000128B0:
>EAccessViolation: Access violation
>   $000128B0
>
>An unhandled exception occurred at $000267D0:
>EAccessViolation: Access violation
>   $000267D0
></code>
>
>Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

An 8GB SD-card for an RPi Stretch does not give you much leeway!
Better to use a 32 GB SDcard!
You want to have space for the fpc/lazarus sources and the make
install may even duplicate these. They are easily multi GB in size.

And I would set swap to 1024M because the build process on an RPi is
pretty disk intensive. 512M is on the low (too low?) side.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have 2 GB free space with Lazarus installed.
I think it was not swap problem.
Thx

Dňa 21. 3. 2019 o 8:49 Bo Berglund via lazarus napísal(a):

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:30:00 +0100, Milan Baša via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> Raspi B rev.2; Swap=512M; 8GB SD; Fresh installed Raspbian Stretch
>
>> <code>
>> An unhandled exception occurred at $000128B0:
>> EAccessViolation: Access violation
>>    $000128B0
>>
>> An unhandled exception occurred at $000267D0:
>> EAccessViolation: Access violation
>>    $000267D0
>> </code>
>>
>> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?
>
> An 8GB SD-card for an RPi Stretch does not give you much leeway!
> Better to use a 32 GB SDcard!
> You want to have space for the fpc/lazarus sources and the make
> install may even duplicate these. They are easily multi GB in size.
>
> And I would set swap to 1024M because the build process on an RPi is
> pretty disk intensive. 512M is on the low (too low?) side.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:12:14 +0100, Milan Baša via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have 2 GB free space with Lazarus installed.
>I think it was not swap problem.

On my Rpi3 with Stretch I have the following sizes:
~/dev/fpc/3.0.4 =581 M
~/dev/fpc/laz/2.0.0 = 959 M
~/share/src/fpc-3.0.4 = 287 M
Just these are a total of 1827 M

I build both from sources via svn in my user home dir.

My experience is that when the fpc or lazarus build process stop with
strange errors then swap size is the culprit.
I always use 1 GB swap. But that of course needs an additional 1 GB of
disk space so with an 8GB SD-card you need 2.83 GB for fpc/laz and are
left with about 5 GB for operating system and everything else....

I still say you should go for a larger SD card and set swap higher.

You could check how much you have used in a dir tree:

du -sh <target dir>
Ex:
$ du -sh ~/dev/fpc/3.0.4
581M    /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.4

Or for total summary of the free space on the disk:

$ sudo du -sh /
17G     /

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
OK. Thank You. I will buy larger SD. This one is what I have at home.
Tomorrow I will try new card.
Thank you for the effort.

Dňa 21. 3. 2019 o 10:30 Bo Berglund via lazarus napísal(a):

On 3/21/19 1:55 PM, Milan Baša via lazarus wrote:
> OK. Thank You. I will buy larger SD. This one is what I have at home.
> Tomorrow I will try new card.
> Thank you for the effort.

Ik Lazarus crashes (Access violation) immediately on startup this has
probably nothing to do with the size of your SD. It might be favourable
to update it anyways, but won't solve your problem.

Did you compile Lazarus yourself? Or downloaded it somewhere? Better
check that you have the correct version.

Regards,

Joost
--
http://lazarussupport.com - Your donation helps to push Free Pascal and
Lazarus forwards.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Downloaded from Walters page, tryied two times. I bought 16GB and now I
am updating Stretch. I will send a message. Thx

Dňa 22. 3. 2019 o 13:20 Joost van der Sluis via lazarus napísal(a):

> On 3/21/19 1:55 PM, Milan Baša via lazarus wrote:
>> OK. Thank You. I will buy larger SD. This one is what I have at home.
>> Tomorrow I will try new card.
>> Thank you for the effort.
>
> Ik Lazarus crashes (Access violation) immediately on startup this has
> probably nothing to do with the size of your SD. It might be favourable
> to update it anyways, but won't solve your problem.
>
> Did you compile Lazarus yourself? Or downloaded it somewhere? Better
> check that you have the correct version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joost

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

SD: 16GB, Swap: 1G
After fresh install the same problem.

Op 22-03-19 om 15:38 schreef Milan Baša via lazarus:
> Downloaded from Walters page, tryied two times. I bought 16GB and now I
> am updating Stretch. I will send a message. Thx

I know nothing about Walter's page. But you need a Lazarus version that
is compiled for exactly your system. (Processor, libraries and such)

Why don't you compile Lazarus yourself? (make build)

I would also check first if fpc works at all. (fpc -h)

You could also try to run Lazarus in the debugger:

gdb ./lazarus
run

Regards,

Joost.
--
http://lazarussupport.com - Your donation helps to push Free Pascal and
Lazarus forwards.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 18:16:03 +0100, Milan Baša via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>SD: 16GB, Swap: 1G
>After fresh install the same problem.

Are you building Lazarus and fpc yourself on the RPi platform???
If not then you should.

Re: [Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

https://www.getlazarus.org/setup/?download#linux

pi@raspberrypi:~/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin $
/home/pi/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/fpc -h
An unhandled exception occurred at $0007CC60:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
   $0007CC60
   $0004ABB8
   $00044214

Error: /home/pi/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/ppcarm returned an error
exitcode

pi@raspberrypi:~/Development/FreePascal/lazarus $ gdb ./lazarus
GNU gdb (Raspbian 7.12-6) 7.12.0.20161007-git
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabihf".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ./lazarus...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/pi/Development/FreePascal/lazarus/lazarus
Using host libthread_db library
"/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x000267d0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

OK I will try to build it myself.
Thank You.

Dňa 22. 3. 2019 o 21:20 Joost van der Sluis via lazarus napísal(a):