[Lazarus] wikirevenge - wikicare

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

With the recent incident between Maciej Izak and Michael Van Canneyt as well as a forum thread started regarding mORMot (Maciej is working on/with the framework):

I couldn't help but to search mentioning of mORMot on the wiki.freepascal.org.
To the great surprise the page is there, but was populated with not a nice words towards the authors of the framework.

I'd think that "wiki.freepascal.org" is a technical wiki. Personal opinions are not really welcomed there. For example: "this is a great component" should be replaced with "this is a component, with following features: ..."
Needless to say, personal opinions regarding other people is even less appropriate (there are many sites out there online for that). At least, there's "discussion" tab available.

Keep in mind. Even if you don't like someone or something personally. It doesn't mean that the code they produce or decisions they make are bad.

For the wiki admins, please delete the category:
it's pretty useless, at the moment.

thanks,
Dmitry

Re: [Lazarus] wikirevenge - wikicare

On 03.05.2018 19:57, Dmitry Boyarintsev via Lazarus wrote:
I couldn't help but to search mentioning of mORMot on the wiki.freepascal.org.
To the great surprise the page is there, but was populated with not a nice words towards the authors of the framework.

It was created by user Mai who has made more controversial modifications. See e.g. Bart's note:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=User_talk:Mai&diff=prev&oldid=113125

Ondrej

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
It was created by user Mai who has made more controversial modifications. See e.g. Bart's note:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=User_talk:Mai&diff=prev&oldid=113125

The same time period - end of October 2017.

I'd say that the account should be banned. However  since the behavior hasn't repeated itself since, it's a bit too late to take any actions.
Besides some of the corrections (on other pages) were valid ones.

thanks,
Dmitry

Re: [Lazarus] wikirevenge - wikicare

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Dmitry Boyarintsev via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I couldn't help but to search mentioning of mORMot on the
> wiki.freepascal.org.
> To the great surprise the page is there, but was populated with not a nice
> words towards the authors of the framework.

I saw you fixed that.
Missed that one from Mai

> For the wiki admins, please delete the category:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Category:bs
> it's pretty useless, at the moment.

Deleted it.

Bart