[Lazarus] when a form is shown modal, it blocked the timer from firing

[Lazarus] when a form is shown modal, it blocked the timer from firing

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I noticed when I aForm.showModal, the timer event seem to stop firing.
Is there anyway I can keep the timer event firing even when I show modal a form?

I noticed that if I Application.MessgeBox, it does not block the timer event but that message box behaves just like a showmodal form.
Why is there a difference?

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] when a form is shown modal, it blocked the timer from firing

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 11:37:27 +0800
Dennis via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed when I aForm.showModal, the timer event seem to stop firing.

Here it fires. What platform?
Can you create a small example?

Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 11:37:27 +0800
> Dennis via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I noticed when I aForm.showModal, the timer event seem to stop firing.
> Here it fires. What platform?
> Can you create a small example?
>
> Mattias

My platform is Windows 7 64 bit.