[Lazarus] tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

[Lazarus] tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello everybody,

I have really enjoyed working with tiOPF for 15+ years and have written
tons of database and non-database applications that used tiOPF. It was
also the project that introduced me to Design Patterns and Test Driven
Development, and I'll forever be grateful for that.

However, due to the decline in Delphi/Object Pascal popularity for paid
work (at least here in the UK), I've moved full time to another
programming language. With that, I feel it is time to hand over the
reins to someone else that still uses Delphi/Object Pascal on a daily
basis. So if you feel up to the challenge and don't want to see a great
project become abandon-ware, please let me know.

I'll keep running the support newsgroup - I have no intention in
stopping that. I'll also continue running the daily/hourly unit tests
for tiOPF as it is fully automated anyway. I'll also still be around to
answer questions, but will be moving away from maintenance and new
development work for tiOPF and tiOPF related utility applications.

So if you have any interest in keeping tiOPF alive, please contact me
here or in private.

ps:
  If I've done it correctly, all replies should go to the fpc-other
  mailing list.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

Am 30.05.2019 um 13:25 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have really enjoyed working with tiOPF for 15+ years and have written
> tons of database and non-database applications that used tiOPF. It was
> also the project that introduced me to Design Patterns and Test Driven
> Development, and I'll forever be grateful for that.
>
> However, due to the decline in Delphi/Object Pascal popularity for paid
> work (at least here in the UK), I've moved full time to another
> programming language. With that, I feel it is time to hand over the
> reins to someone else that still uses Delphi/Object Pascal on a daily
> basis. So if you feel up to the challenge and don't want to see a great
> project become abandon-ware, please let me know.
>
> I'll keep running the support newsgroup - I have no intention in
> stopping that. I'll also continue running the daily/hourly unit tests
> for tiOPF as it is fully automated anyway. I'll also still be around to
> answer questions, but will be moving away from maintenance and new
> development work for tiOPF and tiOPF related utility applications.
>
> So if you have any interest in keeping tiOPF alive, please contact me
> here or in private.
>

> ps:
>    If I've done it correctly, all replies should go to the fpc-other
>    mailing list.
>

> Regards,
>    - Graeme -

Graeme,

what's the programming language you have moved to?
Good luck and best wishes for this new episode in your career.

Regards,
Hans-Georg Joepgen