[Lazarus] recompile the LCL

Bernd Kreuss
Quick question: How does one recompile the LCL nowadays (without
recompiling the entire IDE)? It used to be an option in the Build
Lazarus dialog but this dialog has changed a lot lately and the only 2
options left are "IDE"  and "Examples". Did I mess up my config
somehow or is there a different method now? There is now a dropdown
with "Profiles" (whatever that may mean) and it contains LCL but when
I hit the build button then nothing happens at all, not even an error
message.

Re: [Lazarus] recompile the LCL

zeljko
On Wednesday 20 of April 2011 13:52:27 Bernd wrote:
> Quick question: How does one recompile the LCL nowadays (without
> recompiling the entire IDE)? It used to be an option in the Build
> Lazarus dialog but this dialog has changed a lot lately and the only 2
> options left are "IDE"  and "Examples". Did I mess up my config
> somehow or is there a different method now? There is now a dropdown
> with "Profiles" (whatever that may mean) and it contains LCL but when
> I hit the build button then nothing happens at all, not even an error
> message.

Open LCL package and compile (or clean compile) ?

zeljko

Re: [Lazarus] recompile the LCL

Juha Manninen
Bernd kirjoitti keskiviikko, 20. huhtikuuta 2011 14:52:27:
> There is now a dropdown with "Profiles" (whatever that may mean)
> and it contains LCL but when I hit the build button then nothing happens
> at all, not even an error message.

Remove the local config file: miscellaneousoptions.xml
Then start Lazarus and you have better defaut profiles.

Using profiles you can define different compiler options, defines etc. for
building Lazarus, and then select them easily later.