[Lazarus] "block completion" for classes

[Lazarus] "block completion" for classes

Sven Barth
Hello together!

Since some revisions I have noticed that Lazarus does not "complete" a
class declaration anymore.

E.g.:

TTest = class|

pressing Enter previously resulted in this:

TTest = class

end;

Was a config option changed/added for this or is this a bug?

Information: rev. 30150; linux-i386-gtk2

Re: [Lazarus] "block completion" for classes

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 3 April 2011 17:12, Sven Barth <pascaldragon@****> wrote:
> pressing Enter previously resulted in this:
>
> TTest = class
> end;
>
> Was a config option changed/added for this or is this a bug?

Isn't that just defined in Code Templates - something the developer
can change themselves?

I'm using 0.9.30 and that code template / class completion works as
you described above.

  - Graeme -

On 03.04.2011 18:59, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 3 April 2011 17:12, Sven Barth<pascaldragon@****>  wrote:
>> pressing Enter previously resulted in this:
>>
>> TTest = class
>> end;
>>
>> Was a config option changed/added for this or is this a bug?
>
> Isn't that just defined in Code Templates - something the developer
> can change themselves?

I don't think so, because it worked for

TTest = class(TFoo)|

as well. You can't do that with code templates (as far as I know).

> I'm using 0.9.30 and that code template / class completion works as
> you described above.

I just tested it with 0.9.30 as well. And indeed: it works there. So
this seems to be a bug/regression (if I haven't missed a setting of course).

Re: [Lazarus] "block completion" for classes

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:12:22 +0200
Sven Barth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello together!
>
> Since some revisions I have noticed that Lazarus does not "complete" a
> class declaration anymore.
>
> E.g.:
>
> TTest = class|
>
> pressing Enter previously resulted in this:
>
> TTest = class
> end;
>
> Was a config option changed/added for this or is this a bug?
>
> Information: rev. 30150; linux-i386-gtk2

Please report this bug.

Done: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19080