[Lazarus] "Needs to be saved" state

Mark Morgan Lloyd
Please excuse me if I am overlooking something obvious, but when the IDE
  shows the "Save all" toolbar icon in colour is there a quick way of
finding out what it thinks has been changed?

I've got something here that I've been working on for a couple of years,
  but because of time constraints it spends a lot of time sitting open
in a dedicated workspace. If the IDE is telling me that there's
something to be saved I'd like to know what: have I inadvertently typed
garbage into one of the editor windows?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: [Lazarus] "Needs to be saved" state

JuuS

On 05/28/2016 12:52 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Please excuse me if I am overlooking something obvious, but when the IDE
>  shows the "Save all" toolbar icon in colour is there a quick way of
> finding out what it thinks has been changed?
>
> have I inadvertently typed garbage
> into one of the editor windows?

That's one reason yeah. But simply moving a forms position in design
mode will also mark it for saving.

I also am unsure at times what has changed so I use a program to back up
frequently which has the ability to compare files before backup. Then I
get to see what has happened before I save.

Re: [Lazarus] "Needs to be saved" state

Giuliano Colla
Il 28/05/2016 00:52, Mark Morgan Lloyd ha scritto:
> Please excuse me if I am overlooking something obvious, but when the
> IDE  shows the "Save all" toolbar icon in colour is there a quick way
> of finding out what it thinks has been changed?

The quick way is to right click on any editor tab. You'll see marked
with an asterisk the category which contains modified files (recent
tabs/project tabs/other tabs). By selecting the appropriate item, you'll
see the modified files marked with an asterisk.
If you don't see any, but "Save all" is highlighted, then it just wants
to save your current setup (window position, which editor tab has focus,
etc. ). At that point it's up to you to decide if you want to save it,
or you prefer to keep the previous setup for the project.

Giuliano

Re: [Lazarus] "Needs to be saved" state

> Mark Morgan Lloyd <[hidden email]> hat am 28. Mai 2016 um 00:52 geschrieben:
>
> Please excuse me if I am overlooking something obvious, but when the IDE
>  shows the "Save all" toolbar icon in colour is there a quick way of
> finding out what it thinks has been changed?

View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Mark Morgan Lloyd <[hidden email]> hat am 28. Mai 2016 um 00:52 geschrieben:> > Please excuse me if I am overlooking something obvious, but when the IDE>  shows the "Save all" toolbar icon in colour is there a quick way of> finding out what it thinks has been changed?
> View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified
> Mattias-- _______________________________________________Lazarus mailing [hidden email]://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus

Thanks, I think I was looking in all the wrong places :-)