[Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

[Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I got annoing "End of source not found" when use autocompletion (Ctrl-Space) on random places of code. After adding/removing empty line in such place, autocompletion works, but over some time error repeats again. What's wrong? It's Codetools bug or some incorrect options setting? I not sure, but maybe that's begins after installing LAMW and laz4android modules from fpcupdeluxe.

--
Bodrov Sergey
software development, IT consulting

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:57:19 +0300
Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got annoing "End of source not found" when use autocompletion
> (Ctrl-Space) on random places of code. After adding/removing empty line in
> such place, autocompletion works, but over some time error repeats again.
> What's wrong? It's Codetools bug or some incorrect options setting? I not
> sure, but maybe that's begins after installing LAMW and laz4android modules
> from fpcupdeluxe.

Can you reproduce it?

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Can you reproduce it?

Sure. Windows 10 (x64) under VirtualBox 5.2.6

1. download and run "fpcupdeluxe"
2. install FPC+Lazarus trunk
3. install arm-android crosscompiler
4. start Lazarus, open random project, test autocompletion (Ctrl-Space), it works.
5. run "fpcupdeluxe", install LAMW module
6. start Lazarus, open random project, test autocompletion (Ctrl-Space), it fail with message:
-----------------------------------
Codetools, Errors: 1
mainform.pas(86,4) Error: End of source not found.
-----------------------------------

JDK, SDK, NDK, and other Android stuff was not installed, paths not set. But same error present when all paths properly set and project succesfully compiles and run on Android device.

--
Bodrov Sergey
software development, IT consulting
Phone (Belarus): +375(25)794-21-58
Skype: sergey.bodrov1

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 23 May 2018 13:05:32 +0300
Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> 1. download and run "fpcupdeluxe"
> 2. install FPC+Lazarus trunk
> 3. install arm-android crosscompiler
> 4. start Lazarus, open random project, test autocompletion (Ctrl-Space), it
> works.
> 5. run "fpcupdeluxe", install LAMW module
> 6. start Lazarus, open random project, test autocompletion (Ctrl-Space), it
> fail with message:
> -----------------------------------
> Codetools, Errors: 1
> mainform.pas(86,4) Error: End of source not found.

In any unit?
Even in classes.pp?

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In any unit?
Even in classes.pp?

No, I can't reproduce it inside classes.pp. But it occurs inside one of components code.

--
Bodrov Sergey
software development, IT consulting
Phone (Belarus): +375(25)794-21-58
Skype: sergey.bodrov1

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 23 May 2018 13:47:38 +0300
Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > In any unit?
> > Even in classes.pp?
>

> No, I can't reproduce it inside classes.pp. But it occurs inside one of
> components code.

Please be more specific.

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
> > In any unit?
> > Even in classes.pp?
>
> No, I can't reproduce it inside classes.pp. But it occurs inside one of
> components code.

Please be more specific.

I installed module "synapse" from fpcupdeluxe, then open my project, that uses "blcksock" unit. Then I open blcksock.pas in editor,
go to TUDPBlockSocket.SetMulticastTTL() implementation (line 3730),
type "synsock." and press Ctrl-Space for autocompletion.
Error occur at line 3720, at last line of previous method implementation.

On 22.05.2018 16:54, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:57:19 +0300
> Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I got annoing "End of source not found" when use autocompletion
>> (Ctrl-Space) on random places of code. After adding/removing empty line in
>> such place, autocompletion works, but over some time error repeats again.
>> What's wrong? It's Codetools bug or some incorrect options setting? I not
>> sure, but maybe that's begins after installing LAMW and laz4android modules
>> from fpcupdeluxe.
> Can you reproduce it?

I get this error massively as well after I updated trunk.
Closing/reopening the file helps for some time but then the error is
back again.

I don't remember it happened before.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] "End of source not found" error in Trunk.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Here the screenshot.

Ondrej

CodeTools-EndOfSourceNotFound.png (15K) Download Attachment