[Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi,

Is it possible for Lazarus (trunk) to remember bookmark locations
between restarts?  Or save bookmarks per project?

At the moment I loose all my bookmarks while doing a restart, or quickly
switching to another project to lookup something and then switch back to
what I was working on.


Regards,
  Graeme

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

My public PGP key:  http://tinyurl.com/graeme-pgp
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 09.11.2016 14:31, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for Lazarus (trunk) to remember bookmark locations
> between restarts?  Or save bookmarks per project?
>
> At the moment I loose all my bookmarks while doing a restart, or quickly
> switching to another project to lookup something and then switch back to
> what I was working on.

My bookmarks are saved when saving the project. I am not aware of an
option to disable/enable it.

Ondrej
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 14:36:00 +0100
Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09.11.2016 14:31, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible for Lazarus (trunk) to remember bookmark locations
> > between restarts?  Or save bookmarks per project?
> >
> > At the moment I loose all my bookmarks while doing a restart, or quickly
> > switching to another project to lookup something and then switch back to
> > what I was working on.  
>
> My bookmarks are saved when saving the project. I am not aware of an
> option to disable/enable it.

Correct.
Bookmarks are stored in the session (usually the lps file).

Mattias
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In reply to this post by Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 2016-11-09 13:36, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
> My bookmarks are saved when saving the project. I am not aware of an
> option to disable/enable it.

Good to know the functionality exists. Now to find out why it doesn't
work here - both Linux and FreeBSD systems.

Do you know where the bookmark are stored? Is it the *.lps (session) file?

Regards,
  Graeme

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] persistent bookmarks in the IDE?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In reply to this post by Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 2016-11-09 13:49, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> Bookmarks are stored in the session (usually the lps file).

Thanks, I'll dig in there and see what is going wrong.

Regards,
  Graeme

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus