[Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

I generated trunk CHMs for LCL as a testcase after fixing bug #32325.

Hopefully 4000+ cases of this issue (TStringgrid.align redirection in the
index failed) were fixed.

Experimental CHMs are at http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/lcl-chm.zip which
are linked against the newer FPC 3.0.4 chms at

http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/doc-chm.zip

As an experiment, the Lazarus CHMs were generated on Windows. Please report
any anomalies. A log is included and contains a warning/hint to list the
cases where the fix engages. If there are new problems check against the log
if the relevant symbol was fixed.

Log looks like:
resolved:grids/tstringgrid.align.html to controls/tcontrol.align.html

The committed version minorly improved on the message.

Marco

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

Am 20.05.2018 um 19:09 schrieb Marco van de Voort via Lazarus:

> Hello,
>
> I generated trunk CHMs for LCL as a testcase after fixing bug #32325.
>
> Hopefully 4000+ cases of this issue (TStringgrid.align redirection in the
> index failed) were fixed.
>
> Experimental CHMs are at http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/lcl-chm.zip which
> are linked against the newer FPC 3.0.4 chms at
>
> http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/doc-chm.zip
>
> As an experiment, the Lazarus CHMs were generated on Windows. Please report
> any anomalies. A log is included and contains a warning/hint to list the
> cases where the fix engages. If there are new problems check against the log
> if the relevant symbol was fixed.
>
> Log looks like:
> resolved:grids/tstringgrid.align.html to controls/tcontrol.align.html
>
> The committed version minorly improved on the message.
>
> Marco

I downloaded the chm-zips from your site, copied them into the folder
(lazarus)/docs/chm of Laz 1.8.2, and followed the "steps to reproduce"
of the bug report #32325 (on Windows): Yes, the new files seem to work
fine. Thank you.

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 08:05:45PM +0200, Werner Pamler via Lazarus wrote:
> I downloaded the chm-zips from your site, copied them into the folder
> (lazarus)/docs/chm of Laz 1.8.2, and followed the "steps to reproduce"
> of the bug report #32325 (on Windows): Yes, the new files seem to work
> fine. Thank you.

(note they are for trunk lazarus, not 1.8.x. Somebody might want to run them
for 1.8.x. If the doc setup is the same, it should be very easy.

I assume you know it, but for the benefits of the others:

0. build a trunk fpc to get a new fpdoc
1. fetch the FPC doc chm
2. get a 1.8.x source checkout and  compile docs/html/build_lcl_docs.lpi
3. run it like this in docs/html:

rem change path so that trunk FPDOC is found.
path  d:\fpc32\bin\i386-win32;%PATH%

rem replace --fpcdocs argument with where you put the extract FPC chms
build_lcl_docs.exe --warnings --fpcdocs d:\help --outfmt chm  2>&1 1> logs.txt

rem drink coffee for 10 minutes or so.
)

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

On 2018-05-20 21:49, Marco van de Voort via Lazarus wrote:
> rem drink coffee for 10 minutes or so.

Building the INF docs has a similar experience. Glad its not just me. :-)

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

On Sun, 20 May 2018 19:09:39 +0200
Marco van de Voort via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I generated trunk CHMs for LCL as a testcase after fixing bug #32325.
>
> Hopefully 4000+ cases of this issue (TStringgrid.align redirection in the
> index failed) were fixed.
>
> Experimental CHMs are at http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/lcl-chm.zip which
> are linked against the newer FPC 3.0.4 chms at
>
> http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/doc-chm.zip

For the 1.8.4 release I downloaded this file on 17th May.

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 08:51:35AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> > Hopefully 4000+ cases of this issue (TStringgrid.align redirection in the
> > index failed) were fixed.
> >
> > Experimental CHMs are at http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/lcl-chm.zip which
> > are linked against the newer FPC 3.0.4 chms at
> >
> > http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/doc-chm.zip
>
> For the 1.8.4 release I downloaded this file on 17th May.

The point was more that if you already made 1.8.4 LCL docs before yesterday
(20th), better redo them with a trunk fpdoc to get references in the index
to properties that change visibility right.

Re: [Lazarus] new lcl CHMs.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 21 May 2018 14:16:34 +0200
Marco van de Voort via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 08:51:35AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> > > Hopefully 4000+ cases of this issue (TStringgrid.align redirection in the
> > > index failed) were fixed.
> > >
> > > Experimental CHMs are at http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/lcl-chm.zip which
> > > are linked against the newer FPC 3.0.4 chms at
> > >
> > > http:/www.stack.nl/~marcov/new304/doc-chm.zip
> >
> > For the 1.8.4 release I downloaded this file on 17th May.
>
> The point was more that if you already made 1.8.4 LCL docs before yesterday
> (20th), better redo them with a trunk fpdoc to get references in the index
> to properties that change visibility right.

Good, I will do so for 1.8.6.