[Lazarus] new installation.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I know I have had the solution to this problem the last time I did a new installation, but I have lost the email.

I just did a new linux 18.3 installation on a desktop. I then downloaded a new application of lazarus 1.8.2 debian and installed it.

The next step was to install my current self-defined packages, one of which required me to install libxtst-dev, which I did with synaptic package manager.

I then tried to rebuild the ide, and now when I try to open it the splash screen comes up and then disappears, closing out the application.

I don't remember how I fixed it the last time. Help!

Re: [Lazarus] new installation.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:36 PM Larry Dalton via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I then tried to rebuild the ide, and now when I try to open it the splash screen comes up and then disappears, closing out the application.

Start the IDE from console and see the error message.

Re: [Lazarus] new installation.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Thanks, Juha. I had forgotten to include a spreadsheet that had alias for data files. Error code told me that.