[Lazarus] mod to make Anchor Docking Grab Handles have a more subtle look

[Lazarus] mod to make Anchor Docking Grab Handles have a more subtle look

Graeme Geldenhuys-2
Hi,

I've created a patch to make the Docking Grab Handles (of Anchor Docking
package) to have a more subtle look. The original look was too
distracting for my personal taste. I like it to blend in better with the
main form.

Before image:
    http://bugs.freepascal.org/file_download.php?file_id=17014&type=bug

After image:
    http://bugs.freepascal.org/file_download.php?file_id=17015&type=bug

Mantis report with patch:

I tried to keep theming in mind. I made the background of the handles
clForm. This could probably be tweaked to a difference color, if you
want the handles to stand out more.

As I mentioned in the Mantis report. If this is not the look that the
Lazarus team is going for, then please disregard my patch.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] mod to make Anchor Docking Grab Handles have a more subtle look

Daniel Gaspary
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> As I mentioned in the Mantis report. If this is not the look that the
> Lazarus team is going for, then please disregard my patch.

Looks nice to me, good work.

Can the user set the width/height of the splitters between docked areas ?

To me the area where the mouse cursor change to "resize" is too small.

At options the splitter width can be modified, but even after
restarting the ide I see no change.

I'm using an old snapshot of Lazarus, so ignore if this was already solved.

Re: [Lazarus] mod to make Anchor Docking Grab Handles have a more subtle look

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 16 September 2012 22:15, Daniel Gaspary <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can the user set the width/height of the splitters between docked areas ?

Yes, I'm using the latest Lazarus 1.1 (trunk) under LCL-GTK2. Setting
the width in the Options dialog does change it in the IDE (without a
restart needed).

> I'm using an old snapshot of Lazarus, so ignore if this was already solved.

I guess you need to update your Lazarus then.  Otherwise, it might be
a specific LCL widgetset issue?

  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] mod to make Anchor Docking Grab Handles have a more subtle look

Daniel Gaspary
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> > I guess you need to update your Lazarus
then.  Otherwise, it might be
> a specific LCL widgetset issue?

It is probably due to my lack of updates.

Good to know it's working, thank you Graeme.

    Daniel