[Lazarus] missing "LCLWidgetType" drop down menu

[Lazarus] missing "LCLWidgetType" drop down menu

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Version 1.6 on Windows:

Project -> Project Options -> Additions and Overrides -> Set
"LCLWidgetType" -> Drop Down selection Value "fpgui".

Sadly in  my compiled "trunk" version 1.7 on Linux  (revision 53324),
the <"LCLWidgetType"> drop down menu is not shown any more. So the
available WidgetTypes (aka Interfaces) can't be easily selected .

Bug, feature or erroneous configuration on my site ?

-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] missing "LCLWidgetType" drop down menu

On 09.11.2016 9:56, Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:

> Version 1.6 on Windows:
>
> Project -> Project Options -> Additions and Overrides -> Set
> "LCLWidgetType" -> Drop Down selection Value "fpgui".
>

> Sadly in  my compiled "trunk" version 1.7 on Linux  (revision 53324),
> the <"LCLWidgetType"> drop down menu is not shown any more. So the
> available WidgetTypes (aka Interfaces) can't be easily selected .
>
> Bug, feature or erroneous configuration on my site ?

Strange, here it is (Win10 - it shouldn't be OS-dependent). Please recheck.

Ondrej

On 09.11.2016 10:01, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

> Strange, here it is (Win10 - it shouldn't be OS-dependent). Please
> recheck.
Graeme pointed me to the cause. I did not define the project as an "LCL
project" (as this is a project to test my own extension to the NoGUI
widget Type which of course is not yet in the LCL but in my own code).

After defining a new project I do see drop down menu.

So not a bug but a decent feature.

On 09.11.2016 11:16, Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:

> On 09.11.2016 10:01, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> Strange, here it is (Win10 - it shouldn't be OS-dependent). Please
>> recheck.
> Graeme pointed me to the cause. I did not define the project as an
> "LCL project" (as this is a project to test my own extension to the
> NoGUI widget Type which of course is not yet in the LCL but in my own
> code).
>
> After defining a new project I do see drop down menu.
>
> So not a bug but a decent feature.

I improved user experience in r53326.

Ondrej

On 09.11.2016 12:31, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

> I improved user experience in r53326.
Grayed out now... Works, Thanks !

-Michael