[Lazarus] libmysql.dll

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have done a complete overhaul on my computer, installing a new version of mysql, phpmyadmin, apache, and lazarus. Here are the current versions:
Windows 10
Lazarus 2.0.10
Wamperserver 3.2.3.3
Apache/2.4.46(Win64)
phpmyadmin 5.0.2
MySQL 8.0.21-MySql Community Server-GPL.
Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019.

I am getting the old "can't load libmysql.dll". I have manually copied it to C:\Windows\System32,
C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the application target: C:\(my directory)Money..

What else do I need to do to make this work?

Re: [Lazarus] libmysql.dll

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:

> I have done a complete overhaul on my computer, installing a new version of
> mysql, phpmyadmin, apache, and lazarus. Here are the current versions:
> Windows 10
> Lazarus 2.0.10
> Wamperserver 3.2.3.3
> Apache/2.4.46(Win64)
> phpmyadmin 5.0.2
> MySQL 8.0.21-MySql Community Server-GPL.
> Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019.
>
> I am getting the old "can't load libmysql.dll". I have manually copied it
> to C:\Windows\System32,
> C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the application target: C:\(my directory)Money..
>
> What else do I need to do to make this work?

An older version of the mysql.dll client library. Version 8 is not supported.
5.7 is the latest supported version.

Re: [Lazarus] libmysql.dll

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Not the answer in this case. I am using MySQL 8.0 on my linux laptop, and have no issues with it. I do have to set the 'skiplibraryversioncheck' to TRUE, and it works just fine. I have eliminated that possibility.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:

> Not the answer in this case. I am using MySQL 8.0 on my linux laptop, and
> have no issues with it. I do have to set the 'skiplibraryversioncheck' to
> TRUE, and it works just fine. I have eliminated that possibility.

Correct architecture (32/64 bit) ?

Re: [Lazarus] libmysql.dll

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I think so. I removed all versions of libmysql from my computer, and replaced them with the version that downloaded with the new Mysql install. Is there any way I can check all the installations  to be sure they are all 64bit?

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020, Larry Dalton wrote:

> I think so. I removed all versions of libmysql from my computer, and
> replaced them with the version that downloaded with the new Mysql install.
> Is there any way I can check all the installations  to be sure they are all
> 64bit?

Not that I am aware of.

Last time I had to install MySQL on a windows (< 6 months ago),
I ended up installing 32-bit 5.7, because I could not get it to work with the V8 installs.

So if you manage it, I'll be glad to know how you did it.

Re: [Lazarus] libmysql.dll

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I may have to go back to 32bit if I can't get it to work.

On 4-11-2020 15:46, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:
> I think so. I removed all versions of libmysql from my computer, and
> replaced them with the version that downloaded with the new Mysql
> install. Is there any way I can check all the installations  to be sure
> they are all 64bit?

What I use to check if dlls are ok (and their dependencies) is a program
called dependencies https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] libmysql.dll

Does it work on Windows 10?