[Lazarus] lazbuild question

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have project that builds in Lazarus but is getting dependency errors using lazbuild.

Simple question, what lazbuild options do I need so it behaves exactly like the build command in lazarus?

Thanks.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph

Re: [Lazarus] lazbuild question

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 10:27:42 -0500
Ryan Joseph via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have project that builds in Lazarus but is getting dependency
> errors using lazbuild.
>
> Simple question, what lazbuild options do I need so it behaves
> exactly like the build command in lazarus?

Note that some IDE addons alter the build process, e.g. adding macros.
lazbuild cannot support that.

Can you give some more details?

Re: [Lazarus] lazbuild question

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note that some IDE addons alter the build process, e.g. adding macros.
> lazbuild cannot support that.
>
> Can you give some more details?

This project builds in lazarus but a simple lazbuild command on the project file gives me this error. Not sure what is different in lazbuild then the IDE.

Ryans-MacBook-Pro-2:laz_tests ryanjoseph$ lazbuild /Users/ryanjoseph/Desktop/laz_tests/MRIcroGL12/MRIcroGL.lpi
Warning: (lazarus) suspicious pkg link file found (name): /Users/ryanjoseph/Desktop/laz_tests/lazarus/packager/globallinks/laz.virtualtreeview_package-5.5.3.1.lpl
Hint: (lazarus) [RunTool] /usr/local/bin/fpc "-iWTOTP"
Hint: (lazarus) [RunTool] /usr/local/bin/fpc "-va" "compilertest.pas"
Error: (lazbuild) Broken dependency: lazmetalcontrol 0.0->LCL 2.1->LCLBase 2.1->chm

Op Vrijdag 1 februari 2019 schreef Ryan Joseph via lazarus:

> > On Feb 1, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Note that some IDE addons alter the build process, e.g. adding macros.
> > lazbuild cannot support that.
> >
> > Can you give some more details?
>
> This project builds in lazarus but a simple lazbuild command on the project file gives me this error. Not sure what is different in lazbuild then the IDE.
>
> Ryans-MacBook-Pro-2:laz_tests ryanjoseph$ lazbuild /Users/ryanjoseph/Desktop/laz_tests/MRIcroGL12/MRIcroGL.lpi
> Warning: (lazarus) suspicious pkg link file found (name): /Users/ryanjoseph/Desktop/laz_tests/lazarus/packager/globallinks/laz.virtualtreeview_package-5.5.3.1.lpl
> Hint: (lazarus) [RunTool] /usr/local/bin/fpc "-iWTOTP"
> Hint: (lazarus) [RunTool] /usr/local/bin/fpc "-va" "compilertest.pas"
> Error: (lazbuild) Broken dependency: lazmetalcontrol 0.0->LCL 2.1->LCLBase 2.1->chm
> Ryans-MacBook-Pro-2:laz_tests ryanjoseph$

chm Is not a Lazarus but a fpc package. Seems that your fppkg configuration is currupt.
My guess is that it works in Lazarus itself because you haven't compiled Lazbuild in a while.

Regards,
  Joost

Am 01.02.2019 um 21:48 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> chm Is not a Lazarus but a fpc package. Seems that your fppkg configuration is currupt. > My guess is that it works in Lazarus itself because you haven't compiled
Lazbuild in a while.

Ryan,

can you check what versions of FPC you have installed (and where), which of
those is found from the PATH by `which fpc`, and which of those is configured
for Lazarus?

Fppkg does not play well with user-local installations and wholly ignores the
CompPath config of Lazarus, so it may look for an old path that is no longer
present. There have been a few changes to that recently, so if your lazbuild is
of a different version, it may follow another logic than lazarus.

Martok

Re: [Lazarus] lazbuild question

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Joost van der Sluis via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> chm Is not a Lazarus but a fpc package. Seems that your fppkg configuration is currupt.
> My guess is that it works in Lazarus itself because you haven't compiled Lazbuild in a while.

That was it! I was using a version of lazbuild from another lazarus installation. Works now that I’m using the correct lazbuild.

Thanks.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph