[Lazarus] is there a free Grid component better than the default TStringGrid?

[Lazarus] is there a free Grid component better than the default TStringGrid?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am hoping one that supports different column types editing without much coding on my side.
thanks in advance.

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] is there a free Grid component better than the default TStringGrid?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
perhaps TSortGrid from Online Package Manager that handles String, Float, Integer as you would expect?!

Demo.zip (88K) Download Attachment

Am 27.05.2019 um 06:43 schrieb Dennis via lazarus:
I am hoping one that supports different column types editing without much coding on my side.
That's what the standard TStringGrid can do.  Just use Columns. You can pick an editor in the ButtonStyle property. In case of the picklist editor specify the combobox items in property PickList; in case of the checkbox column specify the value assigned to the checked and unchecked state in properties ValueChecked and ValueUnChecked. Of course, these editor types require the grid to be in edit mode (i.e. goEditing in Options).

Re: [Lazarus] is there a free Grid component better than the default TStringGrid?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 27/5/19 a les 12:00, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:

> Am 27.05.2019 um 06:43 schrieb Dennis via lazarus:
>> I am hoping one that supports different column types editing without
>> much coding on my side.
> That's what the standard TStringGrid can do.  Just use Columns. You can
> pick an editor in the ButtonStyle property. In case of the picklist
> editor specify the combobox items in property PickList; in case of the
> checkbox column specify the value assigned to the checked and unchecked
> state in properties ValueChecked and ValueUnChecked. Of course, these
> editor types require the grid to be in edit mode (i.e. goEditing in
> Options).

And if that's not enough you can implement a custom editor (though that
needs some extra coding)

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Grids_Reference_Page#Grid_Cell_Editors
http://www.freepascal.org/~michael/articles/grids/grids.pdf

Bye
--
Luca

John Landmesser via lazarus wrote:
> See attached demo that works without installing TSortGrid.

  I opened your zip and Lazarus complained that Laz_SortGrid is missing.
After I used Online Package Manager ot install SortGrid, it complained
the Sortgrid.pas file is missing

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] is there a free Grid component better than the default TStringGrid?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Yes, sorry in ProjectIInspector there is a dependency that should have been removed by me:

second possibility ignore the warning and compile: works here!