[Lazarus] installing zeos

Terry A. Haimann
I have tried to install zeos on a fc14-64 system.

I tried putting it in /usr/share/zeos

I issued a chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zeos

I have tried adding one of the following to my user path (not all at the same time)

/usr/share/zeos
/usr/share/zeos/packages
/usr/share/zeos/packages/lazarus

Lazarus starts without any complaints from root, but if I try to start it from my user, I get the following error:

The package "zcomponent" is installed, but no valid file (.lpk) was found.  A broken dummy package was created.

Is there something I have forgotten?  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Re: [Lazarus] installing zeos

Mattias Gaertner

"Terry A. Haimann" <[hidden email]> hat am 3. Februar 2011 um 15:56 geschrieben:

I have tried to install zeos on a fc14-64 system.

I tried putting it in /usr/share/zeos

I issued a chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zeos

I have tried adding one of the following to my user path (not all at the same time)

/usr/share/zeos
/usr/share/zeos/packages
/usr/share/zeos/packages/lazarus

Lazarus starts without any complaints from root, but if I try to start it from my user, I get the following error:

The package "zcomponent" is installed, but no valid file (.lpk) was found.  A broken dummy package was created.

Is there something I have forgotten?  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Yes.
Every user has his own settings, search paths, and can install his own set of packages.
Install as root the lazarus binary packages. All other steps do as your normal user.
Open the zeos lpk file and install it as normal user.

Re: [Lazarus] installing zeos

Terry A. Haimann
On 02/03/2011 11:24 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

[...]

Mattias
-- _______________________________________________ Lazarus mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Thanks.