[Lazarus] fpdebug question

vojtech.cihak

Hi,

when I write following code (to force SIGSEGV)

unit Unit1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

interface

uses

  Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls;

type

  { TForm1 }

  TForm1 = class(TForm)

    Button1: TButton;

  private

  public

  end;

var

  Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.lfm}

{ TForm1 }

var a: array of Double;

begin

  a[99]:=3.14;

end;

end.

with GDB: I got exception message box, then I got grayed line in Source Editor etc.

with fpdebug: also exception message box, when I click OK then Lazarus Main window dissapears, Access Violation, and I have to restart whole IDE.

Is it known issue? After all fpdebug is still marked "beta".

PS: Good thing about fpdebug is lower memory footprint.

  fpdebug: process lazarus 137MB

  gdb: process lazarus and gdb 86MB + 184MB = 270MB

Thanks, Vojtěch

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug question

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 13/07/2018 16:01, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:

Hi,

when I write following code (to force SIGSEGV)

with fpdebug: also exception message box, when I click OK then Lazarus Main window dissapears, Access Violation, and I have to restart whole IDE.

Is it known issue? After all fpdebug is still marked "beta".

It was not.
It has been, since your mail.
It no longer is. (That is, it should be fixed in svn now)

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug question

vojtech.cihak

Thank you very much! :-)

On 07/13/18 16:20, Martin Frb via Lazarus wrote:
> It was not.
> It has been, since your mail.
> It no longer is. (That is, it should be fixed in svn now)

That is awesome! Only possible in open source. :-) Keep up the good work.

Regards,
  Graeme