[Lazarus] fpdebug apps

   if I remember correctly, there was a standalone fpdebug application.
Am I correct ? Because I could not build any project from the
fpdebug/app dir.

PS: I used a fresh svn update for fpc trunk and Lazarus trunk.

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug apps

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 06/06/2019 16:59, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   if I remember correctly, there was a standalone fpdebug application.
> Am I correct ? Because I could not build any project from the
> fpdebug/app dir.
>
> PS: I used a fresh svn update for fpc trunk and Lazarus trunk.

Indeed, they are currently broken.

I did fix some of the compile errors (Those I had previously fixed in
fpdserver, so I knew how to fix them).
But there are some more.

The one in breakpoints, stem from the fact that more than one breakpoint
can be set to the same address. But the original design had not foreseen
that.
It looks like fpd has a command do delete "the" breakpoint at "address".
But that is not possible. So that needs a redesign (or be made "all"
brkpnt at addr).

Haven't looked any further.

On 06/06/2019 22:20, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 06/06/2019 16:59, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via lazarus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   if I remember correctly, there was a standalone fpdebug
>> application. Am I correct ? Because I could not build any project
>> from the fpdebug/app dir.
>>
>> PS: I used a fresh svn update for fpc trunk and Lazarus trunk.
>
> Indeed, they are currently broken.
>
> I did fix some of the compile errors (Those I had previously fixed in
> fpdserver, so I knew how to fix them).
> But there are some more.

Ok it compiles now

fpd.exe yourapp.exe
b unit1.pas:33

works.
But there is tons of internal output....
IMHO Not very useful as it is.

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug apps

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 06/06/2019 22:20, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>> On 06/06/2019 16:59, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via lazarus wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   if I remember correctly, there was a standalone fpdebug
>>> application. Am I correct ? Because I could not build any project
>>> from the fpdebug/app dir.
>>>
>>> PS: I used a fresh svn update for fpc trunk and Lazarus trunk.
>>
>> Indeed, they are currently broken.
>>
>> I did fix some of the compile errors (Those I had previously fixed in
>> fpdserver, so I knew how to fix them).
>> But there are some more.
>
> Ok it compiles now
>
> fpd.exe yourapp.exe
> b unit1.pas:33
>
> works.
> But there is tons of internal output....
> IMHO Not very useful as it is.

:-)

I created fpd only to have a simple project to debug the debugger

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug apps

Hi Martin,

On 2019-06-07 15:26, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

< snip >

> Ok it compiles now
>
> fpd.exe yourapp.exe
> b unit1.pas:33
>
> works.

Thank you very much.

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

Re: [Lazarus] fpdebug apps

On 2019-06-07 16:12, Marc Weustink via lazarus wrote:
> Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

< snip >

>> IMHO Not very useful as it is.
>>

> :-)
>
> I created fpd only to have a simple project to debug the debugger

   I'm planning to use it as an example / temlate.

   I think that it will help me on my goal to write the mEDBG prototcol.

   It's easier for me to debug a project in Lazarus than a component for
Lazarus in Lazarus .... ;)

regards,

On 07/06/2019 15:20, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via lazarus wrote:

>   I'm planning to use it as an example / temlate.
>
>   I think that it will help me on my goal to write the mEDBG prototcol.
>
>   It's easier for me to debug a project in Lazarus than a component
> for Lazarus in Lazarus .... ;)

There also is an fpdebug server. But it may not work at all....

Debugging a project is always easier, that debugging the whole IDE.
There is an entire framework for debugging the debuggers.
So if you write any fpdebug related code, look at the testcase in
lazdebuggers/lazDebuggerFp/test