[Lazarus] fpccfg is missing in new Lazarus install

[Lazarus] fpccfg is missing in new Lazarus install

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I just did a fresh install of Lazarus and it says the fpc.cfg file
isn't found.  These are the files I used to install lazarus with:

fpc-src_2.6.2-0_amd64.deb
fpc_2.6.2-0_amd64.deb
lazarus_1.0.10-0_amd64.

I ran a search for fpc.cfg and ffound these files:

/home/terry/Downloads/fpc.cfg
/etc/fpc.cfg

ls -la /etc/fpc.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7799 May 14 08:09 /etc/fpc.cfg

Where does the file need to be inorder for Lazarus to find it?

This is a Linux Mint 19.2 desktop using Mate and the processor is a i7-
8700, 16gb of ram.

Terry

Re: [Lazarus] fpccfg is missing in new Lazarus install

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 14 May 2020 08:59:35 -0500, "Terry A. Haimann via lazarus"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I just did a fresh install of Lazarus and it says the fpc.cfg file
>isn't found.  These are the files I used to install lazarus with:
>
>fpc-src_2.6.2-0_amd64.deb
>fpc_2.6.2-0_amd64.deb
>lazarus_1.0.10-0_amd64.
>
>I ran a search for fpc.cfg and ffound these files:
>
>/home/terry/Downloads/fpc.cfg
>/etc/fpc.cfg
>
>ls -la /etc/fpc.cfg
>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7799 May 14 08:09 /etc/fpc.cfg
>
>Where does the file need to be inorder for Lazarus to find it?
>
>This is a Linux Mint 19.2 desktop using Mate and the processor is a i7-
>8700, 16gb of ram.

You are aware that fpc is now at 3.0.4 and Lazarus at 2.0.8?

Seems like you are installing very old versions 2.6.2 and 1.0.10
respectively...

<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Where does the file need to be inorder for Lazarus to find it?

Copy it from /etc into your home dir as follows:
cp /etc/fpc.cfg ~/.fpc.cfg
Notice the period that makes it a hidden file.
Lazarus looks for it in several places and this ios one of them.

Re: [Lazarus] fpccfg is missing in new Lazarus install

.. get a newer lazarus from:

https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads