[Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

[Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
i have extracted a small sample for fpReport and Lazarus. But i have
trouble to declare a working Pagefooter. The Pagefooter is defined, but
not shown after the rendering. Not in LCLrendering, LCLpreview nor in
the PDF.

The CreateDemoReport is extracted from the fpreportdesigner, so i think
this is well tested :-) by graeme.

What is my mistake of understanding ?

Andreas

published.zip (6K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

On 2017-09-27 09:38, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
> What is my mistake of understanding ?

You made a couple of mistakes and highlighted a bug in the PDF exporter.

Mistakes:

1.  You never registered the standard page sizes with:
          PaperManager.RegisterStandardSizes;

2.  Your report used LiberationSans font. Make sure you added
     the search paths to the font cache. eg:

           {$IFDEF UNIX}
             gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add(GetUserDir + '.fonts/');

gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add('/data/devel/Wisa/fonts/Liberation/');
           {$ENDIF}

3.  You positioned a lot of reporting elements overlapping each
     other. Correct positioning will help you see things better. ;-)

Bug:

    The PDF exporter didn't handle Page.Orientation of Landscape
    correctly, and rendered such pages from the bottom upwards.
    I supplied a patch to FPC's Mantis so hopefully Michael or
    somebody could commit that soon.

After all that, the report renders just fine.

ps:
   Note that I compiled your project using the latest fpReport from
   FPC Trunk. I simply set the correct Unit Source Path in the project.
   You don't need to use FPC Trunk compiler - I used FPC 2.6.4.

Regards,
   Graeme

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:

> On 2017-09-27 09:38, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
>> What is my mistake of understanding ?
>
> You made a couple of mistakes and highlighted a bug in the PDF exporter.
>
> Mistakes:
>
> 1.  You never registered the standard page sizes with:
>          PaperManager.RegisterStandardSizes;
>
> 2.  Your report used LiberationSans font. Make sure you added
>     the search paths to the font cache. eg:
>
>           {$IFDEF UNIX}
>             gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add(GetUserDir + '.fonts/');
>
> gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add('/data/devel/Wisa/fonts/Liberation/');
>           {$ENDIF}
>
> 3.  You positioned a lot of reporting elements overlapping each
>     other. Correct positioning will help you see things better. ;-)
>

> Bug:
>
>    The PDF exporter didn't handle Page.Orientation of Landscape
>    correctly, and rendered such pages from the bottom upwards.
>    I supplied a patch to FPC's Mantis so hopefully Michael or
>    somebody could commit that soon.
>
>       https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32478
>

> After all that, the report renders just fine.
Patch Applied, thanks for the fix!

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

THX Graeme

In windows this is possible and running: -> I have my sample extended

procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);
begin
   if not FInit then begin
     gTTFontCache.ReadStandardFonts;
     gTTFontCache.BuildFontCache;
     if PaperManager.PaperCount=0 then
       PaperManager.RegisterStandardSizes;
     FInit:= true;

The problem with fontcache, is not (maybe direct) visible in the demo on
FPReport Usage.

BTW: point 3 -> the code is copied direct from the 'designer' :-) not
made on my own - lol.

Bugreport for the designer problem with orientation is 32470, i will
check this and close if running.

Andreas

Il 27/09/2017 12:50, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus ha scritto:
> ps:
>   Note that I compiled your project using the latest fpReport from
>   FPC Trunk. I simply set the correct Unit Source Path in the project.
>   You don't need to use FPC Trunk compiler - I used FPC 2.6.4.

What are the minimum requirements to use fpreport?
Can I use it with laz 1.6.2 and fpc 3.0.0?
I downloaded both fcl-report and fpreport.
I tried to install fpreport but I failed.
Any hint?

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, Andrea Mauri via Lazarus wrote:

> Il 27/09/2017 12:50, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus ha scritto:
>> ps:
>>   Note that I compiled your project using the latest fpReport from
>>   FPC Trunk. I simply set the correct Unit Source Path in the project.
>>   You don't need to use FPC Trunk compiler - I used FPC 2.6.4.
>
> What are the minimum requirements to use fpreport?
> Can I use it with laz 1.6.2 and fpc 3.0.0?
> I downloaded both fcl-report and fpreport.
> I tried to install fpreport but I failed.

Normally you can, but you will need to copy some additional units from the
trunk version of the FPC source repo (in particular, fpexprpars, and fcl-pdf)

fpReport is in production use with 2.6.4 as the compiler.

Il 28/09/2017 12:15, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus ha scritto:
> Normally you can, but you will need to copy some additional units from the
> trunk version of the FPC source repo (in particular, fpexprpars, and
> fcl-pdf)
>
> fpReport is in production use with 2.6.4 as the compiler.

I downloaded fcl-report, fcl-pdf, fpexprpars from FPC trunk and fpreport.
When I try to compile lclfpreport package I got:
cfgfpreportimageexport.pp(24,42) Fatal: Cannot find fpreport used by
cfgfpreportimageexport of package lclfpreport.

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, Andrea Mauri via Lazarus wrote:

> Il 28/09/2017 12:15, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus ha scritto:
>> Normally you can, but you will need to copy some additional units from the
>> trunk version of the FPC source repo (in particular, fpexprpars, and
>> fcl-pdf)
>>
>> fpReport is in production use with 2.6.4 as the compiler.
>
> I downloaded fcl-report, fcl-pdf, fpexprpars from FPC trunk and fpreport.
> When I try to compile lclfpreport package I got:
> cfgfpreportimageexport.pp(24,42) Fatal: Cannot find fpreport used by
> cfgfpreportimageexport of package lclfpreport.

Sounds like a misconfigured path.
Hard to debug, because there is also the 8.3 filename support that
interferes. How I cursed that while developing fpreport !! :/

On 2017-09-28 11:05, Andrea Mauri via Lazarus wrote:
> What are the minimum requirements to use fpreport?
> Can I use it with laz 1.6.2 and fpc 3.0.0?

I don't track the lazarus version I use, but I'm using fpreport (from
FPC Trunk) with FPC 2.6.4.

On a side note:
   I did notice recently that there was some FPC Trunk changes of
fpReport that breaks FPC 2.6.4 support, but it was a single IFDEF to fix
the issue locally. I'll submit a patch for that tomorrow on Mantis.

Regards,
   Graeme

On 2017-09-28 12:40, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> because there is also the 8.3 filename support that
> interferes.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about those platforms. :-/

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

Is it possible to make a FAQ for fpreport ?

Regards
 Andreas

Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:

> On 2017-09-27 09:38, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
> > What is my mistake of understanding ?
>
> You made a couple of mistakes and highlighted a bug in the PDF
> exporter.
>
> Mistakes:

> Regards,
>    Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Sure.

You can add pages to the wiki about fpreport:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPReport

I suggest adding a new page

http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPReport_FAQ

and linking to it from the main page.
But don't add the FAQ directly in the main page itself.

Michael.

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:

> Is it possible to make a FAQ for fpreport ?
>
> Regards
> Andreas
>
> Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-27 09:38, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
>>> What is my mistake of understanding ?
>>
>> You made a couple of mistakes and highlighted a bug in the PDF
>> exporter.
>>
>> Mistakes:

>> Regards,
>>    Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] fpReport - can not render pagefooter

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Done. The FAQ is started.

ANdreas