[Lazarus] fcl-web (WebLaz) - Duplicate Module Error

[Lazarus] fcl-web (WebLaz) - Duplicate Module Error

    Set the 'Kind' property to wkOneShot.
    Michael.

Done. It worked!

What is the function of the "kind" property?

Re: [Lazarus] fcl-web (WebLaz) - Duplicate Module Error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017, African Wild Dog via Lazarus wrote:

>> [hidden email]>:
>>     Set the 'Kind' property to wkOneShot.
>>     Michael.
>

> Done. It worked!
>
> What is the function of the "kind" property?

The idea was to have some kind of state:
- OneShot:
   no state. a webModule is recreated on every call
- pooled:
   a webmodule is created once and remains in memory during the lifetime of the server application.
- Session:
   a webmodule is created once per session.

I never got around to finishing it, it is stil on my todo list.

For a CGI, they are of course all the same. Only for standalone, fcgi or
apache modules does it make sense to have pooled/session.

Re: [Lazarus] fcl-web (WebLaz) - Duplicate Module Error

The idea was to have some kind of state:
- OneShot:
  no state. a webModule is recreated on every call
- pooled:
  a webmodule is created once and remains in memory during the lifetime of the server application.
- Session:
  a webmodule is created once per session.

I never got around to finishing it, it is stil on my todo list.

So, should i report a bug for the wkPooled case?

Re: [Lazarus] fcl-web (WebLaz) - Duplicate Module Error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017, African Wild Dog via Lazarus wrote:

> [hidden email]>:
>

>> The idea was to have some kind of state:
>> - OneShot:
>>   no state. a webModule is recreated on every call
>> - pooled:
>>   a webmodule is created once and remains in memory during the lifetime of
>> the server application.
>> - Session:
>>   a webmodule is created once per session.
>>
>> I never got around to finishing it, it is stil on my todo list.
>>

> So, should i report a bug for the wkPooled case?

You can, yes.