[Lazarus] error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Installing Lazarus 2.0.6 on Windows 7.
When trying to run Install Pacages I get the following error: "C:\lazarus\ide\graphtype.pp" not found.
How do I cure?

Re: [Lazarus] error

On 21/01/2020 19:39, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:
> Installing Lazarus 2.0.6 on Windows 7.
> When trying to run Install Pacages I get the following error:
> "C:\lazarus\ide\graphtype.pp" not found.
> How do I cure?

Did you update from a previous version?

Anyway, go to the menu "Tools" -> "Configure build Lazarus"
Find the radio-box "Clean all" and select it.
Then press the button "build".

Re: [Lazarus] error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
yes, I had upgraded from 1.8.2

On 21/01/2020 19:39, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:
> Installing Lazarus 2.0.6 on Windows 7.
> When trying to run Install Pacages I get the following error:
> "C:\lazarus\ide\graphtype.pp" not found.
> How do I cure?

Did you update from a previous version?

Anyway, go to the menu "Tools" -> "Configure build Lazarus"
Find the radio-box "Clean all" and select it.
Then press the button "build".

Re: [Lazarus] error

Did that, now getting "C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\lmessages.pp" not found

On 21/01/2020 19:39, Larry Dalton via lazarus wrote:
> Installing Lazarus 2.0.6 on Windows 7.
> When trying to run Install Pacages I get the following error:
> "C:\lazarus\ide\graphtype.pp" not found.
> How do I cure?

Did you update from a previous version?

Anyway, go to the menu "Tools" -> "Configure build Lazarus"
Find the radio-box "Clean all" and select it.
Then press the button "build".

Re: [Lazarus] error

kept getting missing file messages so I completely removed both installations and reinstalled 2.0.6 and it is now working correctly

On 21/01/2020 22:06, larrydalton71 via lazarus wrote:
> Did that, now getting "C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\lmessages.pp" not found
>
> yes, I had upgraded from 1.8.2

Try to re-install:

1) Delete the entire folder C:\Lazarus
2) Install again, and see if it works better.

By default your config is stored under
C:\Users\  USERNAME  \AppData\Local\lazarus
So that will be kept when you delete C:\lazarus.

If you have no important config, then you can choose in the installer to
clean the existing config. (checkbox)

Otherwise you may want to backup and remove the following files from
your config:
idemake.cfg
packagefiles.xml
includelinks.xml
staticpackages.inc

You may also want to remove environmentoptions.xml from your config dir,
as it contains compiler settings, and that could cause the problem.
But environmentoptions.xml also has some of your personal settings, if
you have any.