[Lazarus] error code "Can't load default MySQL library("libmysqlclient.so.20" or "libmysqlclient.so"). Check your installation.

[Lazarus] error code "Can't load default MySQL library("libmysqlclient.so.20" or "libmysqlclient.so"). Check your installation.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
My application was compiled on lazarus 1.8.2, along with mysql 5.7, running on linux 17.2. I have verified that both libmysqlclient.so and libmysqlclient.so.20 are in the unit directory that holds the executable program. I still get the above error when trying to access the mysql database.

Re: [Lazarus] error code "Can't load default MySQL library("libmysqlclient.so.20" or "libmysqlclient.so"). Check your installation.

On Thu, 24 May 2018, Larry Dalton via Lazarus wrote:

> My application was compiled on lazarus 1.8.2, along with mysql 5.7, running
> on linux 17.2. I have verified that both libmysqlclient.so and
> libmysqlclient.so.20 are in the unit directory that holds the executable
> program. I still get the above error when trying to access the mysql
> database.

It must not be in the program directory. By default, the linux loader does
not search in the program directory, that only happens on Windows.

Normally, the mysql library is in the /usr/lib/* directory. That is where
the loader will look for it.

Did you install the mysql-dev package ? In that case, there should be a
symlink libmysqlclient.so to libmysqlclient.so.20 in /usr/lib/ and the
program should start.

On 05/25/2018 05:08 AM, Larry Dalton via Lazarus wrote:
> My application was compiled on lazarus 1.8.2, along with mysql 5.7,
> running on linux 17.2. I have verified that both libmysqlclient.so and
> libmysqlclient.so.20 are in the unit directory that holds the executable
> program. I still get the above error when trying to access the mysql
> database.

Hi,

here is what I use and it works. They, I believe, always keep these
files pointing to the correct locations:

  cSqliteDefaultLibraryLocation64 =
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0';
  cSqliteDefaultLibraryLocation32 =
'/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0';

--
Julius

Re: [Lazarus] error code "Can't load default MySQL library("libmysqlclient.so.20" or "libmysqlclient.so"). Check your installation.

On 05/25/2018 05:08 AM, Larry Dalton via Lazarus wrote:
> My application was compiled on lazarus 1.8.2, along with mysql 5.7,
> running on linux 17.2. I have verified that both libmysqlclient.so and
> libmysqlclient.so.20 are in the unit directory that holds the executable
> program. I still get the above error when trying to access the mysql
> database.

Sorry, I realized as I hit send you wanted mysql. Excuse me.

--
Julius