[Lazarus] bluetoothlaz package cannot detect Bluetooth LE (version > 4.0) devices on raspberry pi

[Lazarus] bluetoothlaz package cannot detect Bluetooth LE (version > 4.0) devices on raspberry pi

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am using Raspberry Pi 3 (with wifi+bluetooth).
When using the command tool, bluetoothctl, it can detect old and new bluetooth devices (version > 4.0).

However, using the bluetoothlaz inside my lazarus app, it can only detect old bluetooth devices (not the BLE new devices).

I am guessing the bluetoothctl uses the new version and features in bluez (ver 5.41) but bluetoothlaz uses the
{$linklib bluetooth}

which probably is the file
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3
which is a symbolic link to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3.18.13

which might probably be compiled with old versions of bluez (or turn off the BLE feature).

Do you think my guess is correct?

If yes, can anyone point me to how to update the libbluetooth.so ?
Should I compile a new .so?  How (I am bad in linux).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] bluetoothlaz package cannot detect Bluetooth LE (version > 4.0) devices on raspberry pi

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 23:25:38 +0800
Dennis via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Raspberry Pi 3 (with wifi+bluetooth).
> When using the command tool, bluetoothctl, it can detect old and new
> bluetooth devices (version > 4.0).
>
> However, using the bluetoothlaz inside my lazarus app, it can only
> detect old bluetooth devices (not the BLE new devices).
>
> I am guessing the bluetoothctl uses the new version and features in
> bluez (ver 5.41)

On Ubuntu bluetoothctl does not link to "bluez". Only basic libs.

> but bluetoothlaz uses the {$linklib bluetooth}
>
> which probably is the file
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3
> which is a symbolic link to
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3.18.13

Sounds right.

> which might probably be compiled with old versions of bluez (or turn off
> the BLE feature).

Don't know.

Maybe libbluetooth supports the new features, but bluetoothlaz
misses the new functions?