[Lazarus] Yes another reason to run Linux

[Lazarus] Yes another reason to run Linux

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
For those of you unfamiliar with Cody's Lab, Cody is a geologist and chemist youtuber. On his blab channel he found another reason to run Linux. I thought you guys into FPC and Lazarus might find Cody's recent observations interesting

Re: [Lazarus] Yes another reason to run Linux

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Not to defend MS, but those "ads" can be disabled, and he needs to change his default lock screen background. But, the reason I use (mostly) Linux over Windows is that FPC and Lazarus projects build and compile a lot faster on Linux :D

El 05/06/19 a las 09:04, Dejan Boras via lazarus escribió:
> Not to defend MS, but those "ads" can be disabled, and he needs to
> change his default lock screen background. But, the reason I use
> (mostly) Linux over Windows is that FPC and Lazarus projects build and
> compile a lot faster on Linux :D

This a little off-topic. Better for FPC-Others
I can't find any excuse for Microsoft. The fact is that they have turn
computers into TVs with commercials but instead of shows/series/movies
they have software and instead of audience they have users, and instead
of commercials "ads" and datamining.
When did computers world go wrong?

--
Saludos

Santiago A.

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Santiago A. via lazarus wrote:

> El 05/06/19 a las 09:04, Dejan Boras via lazarus escribió:
>> Not to defend MS, but those "ads" can be disabled, and he needs to
>> change his default lock screen background. But, the reason I use
>> (mostly) Linux over Windows is that FPC and Lazarus projects build and
>> compile a lot faster on Linux :D
>
> This a little off-topic. Better for FPC-Others
> I can't find any excuse for Microsoft. The fact is that they have turn
> computers into TVs with commercials but instead of shows/series/movies
> they have software and instead of audience they have users, and instead
> of commercials "ads" and datamining.
> When did computers world go wrong?
One explanation I read is that this is the fault of open source:
This forces the 'big' companies to make software available for free,
and thus they now run on commercials.

Total nonsense of course; there is simply more money to be made using
commercials than using subscriptions. No-one wants to pay subscription money
for "basic" software.

That's probably also the problem that will kill Delphi faster sooner than
later :(