[Lazarus] Window Maker form resizes when selecting component

[Lazarus] Window Maker form resizes when selecting component

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi all,

Does anyone know why the form (in design mode) resizes itself every time i am selecting a component from the palette? Here is a small video showing the issue:

https://webmshare.com/q78rb

This only happens with Window Maker and only in Lazarus. I suspect it is either a Window Maker bug (since no other window manager has it, at least none of those that i tried) or a Lazarus bug that doesn't gracefully fail some missing extension from Window Maker (since no other program has the issue) but i cannot find what causes it by looking at the component palette code.

Any ideas?

Kostas

Re: [Lazarus] Window Maker form resizes when selecting component

On 24.04.2017 13:50, Kostas Michalopoulos via Lazarus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know why the form (in design mode) resizes itself every time
> i am selecting a component from the palette? Here is a small video
> showing the issue:
>
> https://webmshare.com/q78rb
>
> This only happens with Window Maker and only in Lazarus. I suspect it is
> either a Window Maker bug (since no other window manager has it, at
> least none of those that i tried) or a Lazarus bug that doesn't
> gracefully fail some missing extension from Window Maker (since no other
> program has the issue) but i cannot find what causes it by looking at
> the component palette code.
>
> Any ideas?

Widgetset ? Lazarus version ?

zeljko

Re: [Lazarus] Window Maker form resizes when selecting component

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
(for some reason i do not see the message to the mailing list so i hit "Reply All" in case this is delayed)

GTK2, latest SVN (54709)

Note that this isn't new, i had it for at least a couple of years. I tried to figure out at the time but failed and ignored it (i switched to another WM when using Lazarus) but i decided again to see what is going on because switching WMs is annoying.

On 24.04.2017 14:04, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
> (for some reason i do not see the message to the mailing list so i hit
>
> GTK2, latest SVN (54709)
>
> Note that this isn't new, i had it for at least a couple of years. I
> tried to figure out at the time but failed and ignored it (i switched to
> another WM when using Lazarus) but i decided again to see what is going
> on because switching WMs is annoying.

Haven't used windowmaker for years, but used it for few weeks with Qt
maybe 2 yrs ago and it was ok, so it's definitelly some trick with gtk2.

zeljko