[Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

[Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi all,

Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2? Lazarus trunk? fixes? fixes2.0?

I’m using FPCUpDeluxe installer for Mac Mojave.

Thank you.

Regards,

–Mr Bee

Re: [Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

I use fpc 3.2 from branches/fixes_3_2 because it is mandatory for aarch64.
No problem with Lazarus 2.0.6
Just beware that at the moment fixes are merged into this branch almost daily.

Any reason you want it for Mojave? for me fpc 3.0.4 work fine on this platform.

Patrick

Re: [Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 8:33 AM Mr Bee via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2? Lazarus trunk? fixes? fixes2.0?

"Trunk" and "fixes_2_0" are branches in Lazarus revision control
system. You must download them and build yourself.
You can use FPC which you build from their 3.2 branch.

None of those are released versions but FPCUpDeluxe should build them
easily for you.

Re: [Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

In fpcUpDeluxe I chose FPC fixes3.2 and Lazarus fixes2.0 then clicked the Install/Update FPC+Laz button. It built FPC successfully but failed to build Lazarus. Hence this question.

Here’s some error messages from fpcUpDeluxe before it failed:

fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC native builder: Detected source version FPC: 3.2.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC native builder: Using FPC bootstrap compiler with version: 3.0.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: Lazarus: WARNING: found modified files.
fpcupdeluxe: info: LazarusNativeInstaller (GetModule: Lazarus): Lazarus is at revision: 62558
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: LazarusNativeInstaller (GetModule: Lazarus): Going to patch Lazarus sources !!
fpcupdeluxe: info: Lazarus native builder: Detected source version Lazarus: 2.0.7
fpcupdeluxe: info: Lazarus native builder: Using FPC compiler with version: 3.2.0
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
<home>/freepascal/lazarus/components/lazutils/dynhasharray.pp(173,5) Error: (4032) Can't assign values to const variable
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
<home>/freepascal/lazarus/components/lazutils/dynhasharray.pp(945,28) Error: (4032) Can't assign values to const variable
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
dynhasharray.pp(948) Fatal: (10026) There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
<home>/freepascal/lazarus/components/lazutils/dynhasharray.pp(945,28) Error: (4032) Can't assign values to const variable
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
dynhasharray.pp(948) Fatal: (10026) There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
Error: <home>/freepascal/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: Lazbuild): make returned error code #512
fpcupdeluxe: Done !!

“<home>” is the folder of installation.

I also have tried FPC fixes3.2 with Lazarus trunk and Lazarus fixes (in fpcUpDeluxe), it also failed with similar error message.

Any hints please? Thank you.

Regards,

–Mr Bee

On 1/30/20 12:46 PM, Mr Bee via lazarus wrote:

> Error: <home>/freepascal/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/ppcx64 returned an error
> exitcode
> fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
> fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom:
> Lazbuild): make returned error code #512
> fpcupdeluxe: Done !!
>
> “<home>” is the folder of installation.
>
> I also have tried FPC fixes3.2 with Lazarus trunk and Lazarus fixes (in
> fpcUpDeluxe), it also failed with similar error message.
>
> Any hints please? Thank you.

Lazarus trunk can be compiled and used with fpc 3.2 fixes without problem.

zeljko

Re: [Lazarus] Which Lazarus version that uses FPC v3.2?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Yes, I believe it should work. But as you can see, FPCUpDeluxe failed to build it. It should make such build task easier. If I have to build it myself manually (as I used to do) then there’s no point of using FPCUpDeluxe in the first place.

I hope the author of FPCUpDeluxe is in this mailing list so he can show me some hints because it could have been me doing some mistakes or set some wrong configs. I’ve reported this problem to FPCUpDeluxe’s github repo (as an issue) as well.

Regards,

–Mr Bee