[Lazarus] Where is the unit path of the IDE configured?

[Lazarus] Where is the unit path of the IDE configured?

vfclists .

I am trying to install the Indy package, and I am getting the error that to copies of the same file exist in the IDE

I have to versions of Lazarus installed and it appears that the path of the other installation has been set somewhere in the IDE options of the one I am currently using.

How do I change that?

Here is an example:

Ambiguous unit found

The unit dcpbase64 exists twice in the unit path of the IDE:

1. C:\lazarus29240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu
2. C:\lazarus28240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu

Hint: Check if two packages contain a unit with the same name.

I am praying that it might be the solution to my Indylaz problem.

--
Frank Church

Re: [Lazarus] Where is the unit path of the IDE configured?

Mattias Gaertner
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:11:43 +0000
Frank Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to install the Indy package, and I am getting the error that to
> copies of the same file exist in the IDE
>
> I have to versions of Lazarus installed and it appears that the path of the
> other installation has been set somewhere in the IDE options of the one I am
> currently using.

Ah. Yes, maybe you have added a unit path too much which
created a ppu file at two places.

> How do I change that?

You have to check the unit path of every installed package.
There is no tool yet for this.

> Here is an example:
> >
> > Ambiguous unit found
> >
> > The unit dcpbase64 exists twice in the unit path of the IDE:
> >
> > 1. C:\lazarus29240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu
> > 2. C:\lazarus28240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu
> >
> > Hint: Check if two packages contain a unit with the same name.
> >

> I am praying that it might be the solution to my Indylaz problem.

Yes, sounds probable.

On 23 March 2011 21:25, Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:11:43 +0000
Frank Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to install the Indy package, and I am getting the error that to
> copies of the same file exist in the IDE
>
> I have to versions of Lazarus installed and it appears that the path of the
> other installation has been set somewhere in the IDE options of the one I am
> currently using.

Ah. Yes, maybe you have added a unit path too much which
created a ppu file at two places.

> How do I change that?

You have to check the unit path of every installed package.
There is no tool yet for this.

Which tab in the Compiler Options or Options is it?

Which section described in this page http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options , is it, if that is where it is described?

Is it a combination of them or just one?

> Here is an example:
> >
> > Ambiguous unit found
> >
> > The unit dcpbase64 exists twice in the unit path of the IDE:
> >
> > 1. C:\lazarus29240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu
> > 2. C:\lazarus28240\components\dcpcrypt\lib\i386-win32\dcpbase64.ppu
> >
> > Hint: Check if two packages contain a unit with the same name.
> >

> I am praying that it might be the solution to my Indylaz problem.

Yes, sounds probable.

Frank Church

Re: [Lazarus] Where is the unit path of the IDE configured?

Mattias Gaertner
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:37:59 +0000
Frank Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23 March 2011 21:25, Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:11:43 +0000
> > Frank Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to install the Indy package, and I am getting the error that
> > > copies of the same file exist in the IDE
> > >
> > > I have to versions of Lazarus installed and it appears that the path of
> > the
> > > other installation has been set somewhere in the IDE options of the one I
> > am
> > > currently using.
> >
> > Ah. Yes, maybe you have added a unit path too much which
> > created a ppu file at two places.
> >

> > > How do I change that?
> >
> > You have to check the unit path of every installed package.
> > There is no tool yet for this.
> >

> Which tab in the Compiler Options or Options is it?
>
> Which section described in this page
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options , is it, if
> that is where it is described?

Yes.

> Is it a combination of them or just one?

Just "Other unit files".