[Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

The website has been restored to working order.
SVN should be working again, Mantis has been updated to the latest version.

We're still working on some features, for example emails are not yet being
sent.

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:36 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ... Mantis has been updated to the latest version.

That's a bit of a shock.
It looks horrible to me ;-(

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

vojtech.cihak

Oh, the new bugtracker skin is ... hmm, not so bad, but I'm rather conservative.

Well, life is change. :-)

Vojtěch

> Datum: 20.04.2019 23:36
> Předmět: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

Hi,

The website has been restored to working order.
SVN should be working again, Mantis has been updated to the latest version.

We're still working on some features, for example emails are not yet being
sent.

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

vojtech.cihak

So I am not alone (I chose more diplomatic words).

Vojtěch

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Vojtěch Čihák via lazarus wrote:

> Oh, the new bugtracker skin is ... hmm, not so bad, but I'm rather
> conservative.
>
> Well, life is change. :-)

It is the default skin of mantis.

The server has only just been updated.
Proposals for alternatives are always welcome.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Bart via lazarus wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:36 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ... Mantis has been updated to the latest version.
>
> That's a bit of a shock.
> It looks horrible to me ;-(

Knock yourself out with CSS. Maybe we should organize a contest :)

On 21/04/2019 00:16, Bart via lazarus wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:36 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ... Mantis has been updated to the latest version.
> That's a bit of a shock.
> It looks horrible to me ;-(

I can (if needs must) get used to the look. Maybe this would help?
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/MantisBT-Colorized

What I find more disturbing is the new "my view"
The "Timeline" seems of little use (it does not even have issue tittles..)
Better to have the old sections. Not sure they can be set to the old
layout. The only thing I found
https://mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21189
But I wouldn't want any of them gone entirely.

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

No, you are not alone. Mantis and SVN: Yuch!

---- On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 18:35:22 -0400 Vojtěch Čihák via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote ----

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ... Mantis has been updated to the latest version.

That's a bit of a shock.
It looks horrible to me ;-(

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 12:42 AM Martin Frb via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can (if needs must) get used to the look. Maybe this would help?
> https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/MantisBT-Colorized

Yes, I miss the colors.

> What I find more disturbing is the new "my view"
> The "Timeline" seems of little use (it does not even have issue tittles..)
+1

> Better to have the old sections.

I really dislike that all "blocks/tables" (assigned to me, unassigned
etc) are now all below each other, much more scrolling needed.

I hid the timeline (folded it up).
Now that I re-visit the bugtracker I can only see "assigned to me" and
" unsasigned" , all others are just gone

WTF?

Trying to access "my account" always gives me this message: "You are
visiting a secure page, and your secure session has expired. Please
authenticate yourself to continue."

--
Bart

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019, DougC via lazarus wrote:

> No, you are not alone. Mantis and SVN: Yuch!

Yes, yes, yes,  we're looking into switching git.

Such things take time.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 21/04/2019 00:16, Bart via lazarus wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:36 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> ... Mantis has been updated to the latest version.
>> That's a bit of a shock.
>> It looks horrible to me ;-(
>>
> I can (if needs must) get used to the look. Maybe this would help?
> https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/MantisBT-Colorized
>
> What I find more disturbing is the new "my view"
> The "Timeline" seems of little use (it does not even have issue tittles..)

Indeed.

> Better to have the old sections. Not sure they can be set to the old
> layout. The only thing I found
> https://mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21189
> But I wouldn't want any of them gone entirely.

I switched to the old layout as much as possible.

There is a bug in mantis that makes it hard,
but I worked around it with the configuration :)

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 6:42 PM Martin Frb via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can (if needs must) get used to the look. Maybe this would help?
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/MantisBT-Colorized
+1
It does worth installation.
perception of items is much more clear then the entire raw is colored to the status (as it used to be).
Rather than a small little square.

On 21/04/2019 01:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

> Indeed.
>
>> Better to have the old sections. Not sure they can be set to the old
>> layout. The only thing I found
>> https://mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21189
>> But I wouldn't want any of them gone entirely.
>
> I switched to the old layout as much as possible.

I only see
"assigned to me"
recent
unnasigned

what about
reported by me
and others?

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

When I open a report and scroll down to the "Activities" the width of
the text column is much too narrow, hardly usable, while the width of
the author/date/info column is much too wide. It looks to me as if these
two column widths are interchanged.

And why the the note text in the "Activities" in bold?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Werner Pamler via lazarus wrote:

> When I open a report and scroll down to the "Activities" the width of
> the text column is much too narrow, hardly usable, while the width of
> the author/date/info column is much too wide. It looks to me as if these
> two column widths are interchanged.

Looks OK here. But Jonas reported something similar.

> And why the the note text in the "Activities" in bold?

No idea. I don't see this.

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online // activity columns

On 21/04/2019 01:34, Werner Pamler via lazarus wrote:
> When I open a report and scroll down to the "Activities" the width of
> the text column is much too narrow, hardly usable, while the width of
> the author/date/info column is much too wide. It looks to me as if
> these two column widths are interchanged.
>
> And why the the note text in the "Activities" in bold?

Which issue did you open.

I tried https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35339
in firefox, chrome, edge.
All ok (in respect to column width)

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 21/04/2019 01:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>>> Better to have the old sections. Not sure they can be set to the old
>>> layout. The only thing I found
>>> https://mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21189
>>> But I wouldn't want any of them gone entirely.
>>
>> I switched to the old layout as much as possible.
>
> I only see
> "assigned to me"
> recent
> unnasigned
>
> what about
> reported by me
> and others?

I added reported by me again.

Seeing that there is a bug in mantis (it only shows itself when you DON't
want the timeline, which you don't want...) makes it hard.

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

My last Mantis issue (about macOS dark theme) has lost the PNG attachment.

AT

On 21/04/2019 08:29, AlexeyT via lazarus wrote:
> My last Mantis issue (about macOS dark theme) has lost the PNG
> attachment.
>
> AT

This one?

How many images? I still see one image (snippet from the toolbar)

Re: [Lazarus] Website/Mantis back online

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Thanks for the update! It is already MantisBT 2.20.0.
I am OK with changed appearance. Life is about changes...
I will study the details later.