[Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

[Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
Does Lazarus implements Visual Form Inheritance feature present in Delphi?

If yes, is there an example?
If no, are there plans to add this feature?

FYI: I don't need/plan to use this feature. I'm asking because i'm porting a Delphi component that introduced a change to support VFI. I want to know if i will bother with it or just ignore this change.

Luiz

Re: [Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

Mattias Gaertner
On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 18:41:27 -0300
luiz americo pereira camara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does Lazarus implements Visual Form Inheritance feature present in Delphi?

Yes.
But not all changes to the ancestor are propagated to the
descendants in real time.
It's recommended to close the descendants before editing the
ancestor.

> If yes, is there an example?

Create an application. Then create an inherited item.

Re: [Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 18:41:27 -0300
luiz americo pereira camara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does Lazarus implements Visual Form Inheritance feature present in Delphi?

Yes.

Thanks. For the record, in Lazarus is not necessary to use the workaround used in the Delphi component

Luiz

Re: [Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

vfclists .
Does this work for frames as well?

My experience suggest that when a frame is embedded in a form at design time, changes to the original are not propagated to the embedded version.

Is this by design, or am I missing something?

On 4 August 2014 07:22, Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 18:41:27 -0300
luiz americo pereira camara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does Lazarus implements Visual Form Inheritance feature present in Delphi?

Yes.
But not all changes to the ancestor are propagated to the
descendants in real time.
It's recommended to close the descendants before editing the
ancestor.

> If yes, is there an example?

Create an application. Then create an inherited item.

Frank Church

Re: [Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance support

Mattias Gaertner
On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:39:41 +0100
"vfclists ." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does this work for frames as well?

Yes.

> My experience suggest that when a frame is embedded in a form at design
> time, changes to the original are not propagated to the embedded version.

Yes, as I wrote. Close the descendant designers before editing the
ancestor.
Hint:
Disable Tools / Options / Form Editor / Open designer on open unit

> Is this by design, or am I missing something?

It is not implemented yet.

Mattias