[Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi guys, is this a bug or a problem with my installation: Right-clicking
the component palette, then selecting "View All" results in access
violation.

GTK2, Debian 9 64bit, latest laz trunk and FPC3.0.4rc1 [2017/08/05] for
x86_64

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 7:28 AM, kapibara via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys, is this a bug or a problem with my installation: Right-clicking the
> component palette, then selecting "View All" results in access violation.
>
> GTK2, Debian 9 64bit, latest laz trunk and FPC3.0.4rc1 [2017/08/05] for
> x86_64

It works here. Can you open the Component List from View menu or by
shortcut Ctrl-Alt-P?
Could you provide a debugger backtrace.

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

No, the Component List could not be opened with neither Ctrl+Alt+P nor shortcut.

I'm not much of a debugger, but opened lazarus.lpi in Lazarus IDE and set a breakpoint for DoShowComponentList. When Lazarus started from Run (without RunLazarus), it used a fresh set of config files and lo and behold, no a/v anymore. So it is the installation, and no bug. If there's no simple trick to fix the config, I just do a re-install.

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi guys, is this a bug or a problem with my installation: Right-clicking the
component palette, then selecting "View All" results in access violation.

GTK2, Debian 9 64bit, latest laz trunk and FPC3.0.4rc1 [2017/08/05] for
x86_64
It works here. Can you open the Component List from View menu or by
shortcut Ctrl-Alt-P?
Could you provide a debugger backtrace.

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 8:23 AM, kapibara via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> No, the Component List could not be opened with neither Ctrl+Alt+P nor
> shortcut.
>
> I'm not much of a debugger, but opened lazarus.lpi in Lazarus IDE and set a
> breakpoint for DoShowComponentList. When Lazarus started from Run (without
> RunLazarus), it used a fresh set of config files and lo and behold, no a/v
> anymore. So it is the installation, and no bug. If there's no simple trick
> to fix the config, I just do a re-install.

No, you must delete or rename the config directory (~/.lazarus)
instead if the problem is there. The installation itself is OK.
Reinstallation does not affect the local configuration.

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have no idea what configuration setting could cause such an error.
The config format was changed a lot when the configurable desktops
were introduced. Maybe some leftover setting from before that time can
trigger an error. I don't know.
You probably need to start with a clean configuration and adjust the
needed settings + install needed packages.

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
The a/v began after an SVN update so you are most likely right. Thanks
for help.

On 04/08/2018 10:26 AM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> I have no idea what configuration setting could cause such an error.
> The config format was changed a lot when the configurable desktops
> were introduced. Maybe some leftover setting from before that time can
> trigger an error. I don't know.
> You probably need to start with a clean configuration and adjust the
> needed settings + install needed packages.
>
> Juha

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Update: After installing newest RX lib, the a/v on View Components
returned. But uninstalling RX made View All components work again. So I
guess the problem lies within RX package?

On 04/07/2018 06:28 AM, kapibara via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi guys, is this a bug or a problem with my installation:
> Right-clicking the component palette, then selecting "View All"
> results in access violation.
>
> GTK2, Debian 9 64bit, latest laz trunk and FPC3.0.4rc1 [2017/08/05]
> for x86_64

Re: [Lazarus] View All a/v

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
>Update: After installing newest RX lib, the a/v on View Components

Fixed in rev.6342

Отправлено из мобильной Яндекс.Почты: http://m.ya.ru/ymail