[Lazarus] Unit checksum changed error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have 3 run time units.
IOBuf, AIFF which 'uses' IOBuf, and PlayMusic which 'uses’ both IOBuf and AIFF

The compiele time for IOBuf.o, .ppu is 1:52 PM, for AIFF.om .ppu is 1:56 PM, using IOBu from 1:52 PM

Compiling PlayMusic gives an error message:
   Warning: Recompiling Aiff, checksum changed for IOBuf
   Playmusic.pas(56,25) Fatal: Cannot find Aiff used by PlayMusic of the Project Insplector.

It sounds like it is finding a different checksum on the IOBuf that PlayMusic is using than on the IOBuf that AIFF used.

Am I miss interpreting the error message?

How do I tell it where to find the AIFF source so it can re-compile it?

Tom Crone

Re: [Lazarus] Unit checksum changed error

Am 17.01.2019 um 22:24 schrieb Thomas Crone via lazarus:

> I have 3 run time units.
> IOBuf, AIFF which 'uses' IOBuf, and PlayMusic which 'uses’ both IOBuf and AIFF
>
> The compiele time for IOBuf.o, .ppu is 1:52 PM, for AIFF.om .ppu is 1:56 PM, using IOBu from 1:52 PM
>
> Compiling PlayMusic gives an error message:
>     Warning: Recompiling Aiff, checksum changed for IOBuf
>     Playmusic.pas(56,25) Fatal: Cannot find Aiff used by PlayMusic of the Project Insplector.
>
> It sounds like it is finding a different checksum on the IOBuf that PlayMusic is using than on the IOBuf that AIFF used.
>
> Am I miss interpreting the error message?
>
> How do I tell it where to find the AIFF source so it can re-compile it?
As a first step you could try to add the -vu parameter so that the
compiler prints which units it is indeed using, cause this error usually
happens if it picks up a stray PPU (just had that situation as well ;)
). In Lazarus you find this option in "Compiler Settings -> Verbosity".

Re: [Lazarus] Unit checksum changed error

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
When I go To Project/Project Options/Compiler Options/Verbosity and check Show used files (-vu), I get:
   PlayMusic.pas(56,25) Fatal: Cannot fine Aiff by PlayMusic of the Project Inspector.

With it unchecked, I get the error reported below.

Tom

Am 21.01.2019 um 21:27 schrieb Thomas Crone via lazarus:
> When I go To Project/Project Options/Compiler Options/Verbosity and check Show used files (-vu), I get:
>     PlayMusic.pas(56,25) Fatal: Cannot fine Aiff by PlayMusic of the Project Inspector.
>
> With it unchecked, I get the error reported below.
You need to right click on the message window, select Copy -> Copy
All/Original Messages to Clipboard (or similar, I'm using the IDE in
German) and paste that somewhere you can read it. There'll be a bunch of
messages more, but the most important for your case are the messages
with id 10002 which tells you the paths of each PPU the compiler is loading.