[Lazarus] Trying to install Lazarus with fpc setup for debugging its libraries.

[Lazarus] Trying to install Lazarus with fpc setup for debugging its libraries.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

I needed to compile fpc and the rtl and fpl libraries for debugging so I downloaded the sources from SourceForge.

I built fpc from the sources (with -gl flag for debugging - it runs) using the instructions in (modified for 3.0.4):
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_Free_Pascal_from_source_under_Linux.2FBSD

which fpc
fpc is /usr/local/bin/fpc
fpc is /usr/bin/fpc

I can't install Lazarus from either:

ll lazarus*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 donz donz 88M May 30 14:47 lazarus-project_1.8.4-0_amd64.deb
-rw-rw-r-- 1 donz donz 88M Jun  1 14:30 lazarus-project_1.8.4-0_amd64 (1).deb

The package installer say:

Error: Dependency is not satisifiable: fpc(=3.0.4)|fp-compiler(=3.0.4)

When I start fpc it says:

fpc -i
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4

Compiler date      : 2018/05/31
Compiler CPU target: x86_64

Supported targets (targets marked with '{*}' are under development):
  Linux: Linux for x86-64
  FreeBSD: FreeBSD for x86-64
  Win64: Win64 for x64
  Darwin: Darwin for x86_64
  solaris: Solaris for x86-64 {*}
  OpenBSD: OpenBSD for x86-64 {*}
  NetBSD: NetBSD for x86-64 {*}
  DragonFly: DragonFly for x86-64

etc.

/usr/local/bin/fpc -i
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4

Compiler date      : 2018/05/31
Compiler CPU target: x86_64

Supported targets (targets marked with '{*}' are under development):
  Linux: Linux for x86-64
  FreeBSD: FreeBSD for x86-64
  Win64: Win64 for x64
  Darwin: Darwin for x86_64
  solaris: Solaris for x86-64 {*}
  OpenBSD: OpenBSD for x86-64 {*}
  NetBSD: NetBSD for x86-64 {*}
  DragonFly: DragonFly for x86-64

/usr/bin/fpc -i
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4

Compiler date      : 2018/05/31
Compiler CPU target: x86_64

Supported targets (targets marked with '{*}' are under development):
  Linux: Linux for x86-64
  FreeBSD: FreeBSD for x86-64
  Win64: Win64 for x64
  Darwin: Darwin for x86_64
  solaris: Solaris for x86-64 {*}
  OpenBSD: OpenBSD for x86-64 {*}
  NetBSD: NetBSD for x86-64 {*}
  DragonFly: DragonFly for x86-64

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3.

Why doesn't the installer recognize fpc?  Where does it look for it?  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Don

Re: [Lazarus] Trying to install Lazarus with fpc setup for debugging its libraries.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 01/06/18 a les 21:03, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus ha escrit:

> Why doesn't the installer recognize fpc?  Where does it look for it?
> What am I missing?

Because it's looking in the database of packages installed via the
package manager. Since you installed fpc from source it's not counted as
installed, hence it cannot satisfy the dependency.
My apt-fu isn't strong enough to suggest a workaround (try searching
"apt ignore dependencies"), but I'd say it would be better to install
lazarus too from source.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

On Friday 01 June 2018 21:03:15 Donald Ziesig via Lazarus wrote:
> I needed to compile fpc and the rtl and fpl libraries for debugging so I
> downloaded the sources from SourceForge.
>
> I built fpc from the sources (with -gl flag for debugging - it runs)

Please don't forget -O-.

Martin