[Lazarus] Trying FPDebug

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello:

I would like to fiddle a little with FPdebug, but I'm a little confused.
I have lazarus 1.8.4 on window 7 32 bits

I have installed the next packages

FpDebug 0.0
lazdebuggerfp

But that is not enough, it is still using GDB. isn't it? I have tried to
install lazdebuggerfpdserver, but it needs baselinux and I am in win32.

any tutorial or howto?

--
Saludos

Santiago A.

Re: [Lazarus] Trying FPDebug

Op 22-11-18 om 11:00 schreef Santiago A. via lazarus:

> I would like to fiddle a little with FPdebug, but I'm a little confused.
> I have lazarus 1.8.4 on window 7 32 bits
>
> I have installed the next packages
>
> FpDebug 0.0
> lazdebuggerfp

- Once you have installed lazdebuggerfp you have to go to the
IDE-options. (not the package or project options, but the IDE-options)
- Then select 'Debugger' on the left
- Select 'FpDebug internal Dwarf-debugger (beta)' on the right

Then you're done. Note that you have to select an executable, but this
executable is never used by FpDebug, so you can leave it on 'gdb'.

Regards,

Joost.

Re: [Lazarus] Trying FPDebug

El 22/11/18 a las 11:08, Joost van der Sluis via lazarus escribió:

> Op 22-11-18 om 11:00 schreef Santiago A. via lazarus:
>>
>> I would like to fiddle a little with FPdebug, but I'm a little
>> confused. I have lazarus 1.8.4 on window 7 32 bits
>>
>> I have installed the next packages
>>
>> FpDebug 0.0
>> lazdebuggerfp
>
> - Once you have installed lazdebuggerfp you have to go to the
> IDE-options. (not the package or project options, but the IDE-options)
> - Then select 'Debugger' on the left
> - Select 'FpDebug internal Dwarf-debugger (beta)' on the right
>
> Then you're done. Note that you have to select an executable, but this
> executable is never used by FpDebug, so you can leave it on 'gdb'.

Ok. Thanks. I was puzzled looking for a FpDebug Executable.

By the way, I see "FpDebug internal Dwarf-debugger (alpha)". An (Alpha)
version, not (beta) version as you said. Is there a newer version, a
(beta), or did you mean (alpha)?

--
Saludos

Santiago A.

Re: [Lazarus] Trying FPDebug

On 22/11/2018 16:08, Santiago A. via lazarus wrote:

> By the way, I see "FpDebug internal Dwarf-debugger (alpha)". An
> (Alpha) version, not (beta) version as you said. Is there a newer
> version, a (beta), or did you mean (alpha)?

As part of Lazarus 2.0RC it is beta.