[Lazarus] Theme support for lazarus IDE

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

this one works ok on Linux:

GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark gedit

but lazarus ignores this setting?!

 ... i like a desktop dark theme, but not for lazarus.

I would prefer GTK_THEME=Adwaita:light for lazarus

Long time ago Michael Van Canneyt told us lazarus as gtk-App should be capable of theme per application basis?!

But i can't find that in List-history.

Any idea?

Re: [Lazarus] Theme support for lazarus IDE

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
The GTK_THEME variable is recognized by Gtk 3. For Gtk 2 you need to set GTK2_RC_FILES to the gtkrc file for the theme you want. Your Gedit is build using Gtk 3. Lazarus is typically build on Linux using Gtk 2.

Am 05.03.19 um 11:42 schrieb Anthony Walter via lazarus:
The GTK_THEME variable is recognized by Gtk 3. For Gtk 2 you need to set GTK2_RC_FILES to the gtkrc file for the theme you want. Your Gedit is build using Gtk 3. Lazarus is typically build on Linux using Gtk 2.

 Thanks for that tipp!!

But the Arch-Wiki tells also:

Examples

GTK+ example configurations:

Note: May be ignored by some desktop environments (e.g. GNOME).
... that also seems to be true for my Manjaro XFCE :-(
Tried  in vain to compile lazarus with gtk3 Widget style.
I'll stay with general light theme!