[Lazarus] Thank you FPC team, Lazarus team and all the community

[Lazarus] Thank you FPC team, Lazarus team and all the community

Marcos Douglas
Hi,

I wrote my first ("real" or "in production") job using FPC and
Lazarus, after more than 10 year working with Delphi.
An installer to an old application that no have installer.  =)

This old application uses Oracle, BDE and don't have installer... and,
for my client, this is a big problem.

The program call the Oracle Installer; sets some Oracle's files;
installs the BDE (this is little different if the WIN is 32-bits or
64-bits); installs the application (using the Windows Register) and
creates a Shortcut on Desktop.

The installer is simple. Some options and one button. But it do things
that is a headache for my client so, it was a success!

As I said, this is my first job with FPC and I'm impressed! The
"transition" from Delphi 7 to Lazarus was very simple.

Thank you all the community. Thank you FPC team and Lazarus team, you
did a great job.

Marcos Douglas

Re: [Lazarus] Thank you FPC team, Lazarus team and all the community

silvioprog
Yeah! \o/

Make a donation: wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_to_donate_to_Lazarus ;)

Thx.

--
Silvio Clécio
Blog - silvioprog.com.br

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yeah! \o/
>
> Make a donation: wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_to_donate_to_Lazarus ;)

Hi Silvio,
I hope help with codes, docs and help someone.
This tutorial did help some people:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

=)

Marcos Douglas