- Place GDB exe and cygwin1.dll in a new Folder.
- Tools > Options > Debugger Backend
Choose the new gdb.exe
What are the changes.
The new version of GDB supports Unicode for
- Environment (any existing, as well as any env-var set under "Run > Run
Param" can now contain Unicode)
- Command line arguments "Run > Run Param"
- Hopefully the Path of the current dir, and the exe name (though the
latter is limited by what FPC can generate)
This does/should not affect inspecting variables, even if the contain
All else should work as before.
Since the new gdb has a habit of showing directories as
/cygdrive/c/path, the IDE now has code to correct that. Look out, if
"/cygdrive/" is displayed anywhere by the debugger.