[Lazarus] Tabbed view of IDE debug windows

[Lazarus] Tabbed view of IDE debug windows

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
Hi,

Is it possible to have a single window with a Tabbed interface of your
selection (or all) IDE debug windows? Something like the attached
screenshot.

Or has anybody created a IDE add-on that allows this?

I'm simply running out of desktop space trying to keep all debug windows
visible or easily accessible.

Regards,
  Graeme

debug_windows.png (21K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Tabbed view of IDE debug windows

Mattias Gaertner
On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 15:04:41 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a single window with a Tabbed interface of your
> selection (or all) IDE debug windows? Something like the attached
> screenshot.
>
> Or has anybody created a IDE add-on that allows this?

Yes, anchordockingdsgn supports docking with tabs.

On 2016-09-09 15:22, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Yes, anchordockingdsgn supports docking with tabs.

Fantastic, many thanks for the info.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] Tabbed view of IDE debug windows

Michael Van Canneyt

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2016-09-09 15:22, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Yes, anchordockingdsgn supports docking with tabs.
>
> Fantastic, many thanks for the info.

A word of warning:

One of my collegues - a seasoned Delphi developer, but never used Lazarus -
tried to install this during the summer, using 1.6,  because he wants to
use the docked interface.

He got the package to install, but got so many errors trying to work
(even simple tasks such as dropping a button and setting some properties)
that he simply gave up on Lazarus as a whole.

Maybe the situation has improved since the release of 1.6

On 2016-09-09 15:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> He got the package to install, but got so many errors trying to work
> (even simple tasks such as dropping a button and setting some properties)
> that he simply gave up on Lazarus as a whole.

Thanks for the warning... I haven't installed it yet.  The layout I
would like is for everything to still be undocked (eg: Object Inspector,
Source Editor, Project Inspector), but only want the Debug windows
docked in a tabbed window.  If AnchorDocking can't do that'll not use it.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] Tabbed view of IDE debug windows

Mattias Gaertner
On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 15:59:55 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-09-09 15:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > He got the package to install, but got so many errors trying to work
> > (even simple tasks such as dropping a button and setting some properties)
> > that he simply gave up on Lazarus as a whole.
>
> Thanks for the warning... I haven't installed it yet.  The layout I
> would like is for everything to still be undocked (eg: Object Inspector,
> Source Editor, Project Inspector), but only want the Debug windows
> docked in a tabbed window.  If AnchorDocking can't do that'll not use it.

It can do that.