[Lazarus] TStatusBar initialization problem.

[Lazarus] TStatusBar initialization problem.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi Everyone!

I am writing a new app that will use a StatusBar at the bottom of the
main window (just like I have done many times in the past - with both
Delphi and Lazarus).  Strangely enough, even though I have nothing but
the gui implemented (no app specific code, etc.), the StatusBar does NOT
display until I manually resize the main window, at which time, it
appears as appropriate with its two panels visible.  To isolate the
problem further, I temporarily set the color to blue to see if it were
only panel contents that were not showing.  In this test, the blue
status bar again does not appear until the main form is manually resized.

I have tried a number of hacks, such as programatically changing the
Height and/or Width during 1) OnCreate, 2) OnShow, 3) OnPaint, 4)
OnTimer (added a hack timer and tried resizing during the event).  None
of these worked :-(.

I am running Lazarus 1.9 dated 2017-04-17 with high resolution (144
DPI), FPC 3.0.2 (I think I am running the qt toolset, but don't know how
to determine that.)  This mostly works well (I have a few minor problems
with the internal sizing of some controls and control-editors).

Does anyone have an idea for a work around, or suggestions as to where
to find the code for TStatusBar?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig

Re: [Lazarus] TStatusBar initialization problem.

On 28/07/17 19:00, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am writing a new app that will use a StatusBar at the bottom of the
> main window (just like I have done many times in the past - with both
> Delphi and Lazarus).  Strangely enough, even though I have nothing but
> the gui implemented (no app specific code, etc.), the StatusBar does NOT
> display until I manually resize the main window, at which time, it
> appears as appropriate with its two panels visible.  To isolate the
> problem further, I temporarily set the color to blue to see if it were
> only panel contents that were not showing.  In this test, the blue
> status bar again does not appear until the main form is manually resized.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31621 is similar. My issue seems
related to changes to the form as it is being created; you don't say of
you are doing something along these lines.

Unfortunately the re-sizing code is sufficiently complicated I haven't
been able to identify any solutions.

Colin