[Lazarus] TMemo: behavior difference between linux and windows

[Lazarus] TMemo: behavior difference between linux and windows

Xiangrong Fang
Hi There,

I found that On Windows, TMemo.OnChange is triggered while Memo content is updated PROGRAMATICALLY, while on Linux (GTK) it is not triggered.

For this reason, I have to use OnKeyPress instead of OnChange to make my program behave same on both platform.

Is this a know problem (probably because of the underlying widget set), or is it considered a bug?

Thanks!

Re: [Lazarus] TMemo: behavior difference between linux and windows

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
On 2015-08-05 14:58, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
> Is this a know problem (probably because of the underlying widget set),
> or is it considered a bug?

I haven't test, but have come across many cases/inconsistencies like
that in LCL. I would consider that a bug. Search Mantis and if no
existing report is found, please report it so as not to be forgotten.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] TMemo: behavior difference between linux and windows

leledumbo
Administrator
> TMemo.OnChange is triggered while Memo content is updated PROGRAMATICALLY, while on Linux (GTK) it is not triggered.

Tested on both GTK2 and QT, OnChange fires when Memo1 content is updated programmatically.

Lazarus 1.5 r49595

Re: [Lazarus] TMemo: behavior difference between linux and windows

Xiangrong Fang
I tested with a simple program and confirmed leledumbo's test. I will keep an eye on it, if this happen again later.