[Lazarus] TComboBox: Is different behaviour when DroppedDown possible?

[Lazarus] TComboBox: Is different behaviour when DroppedDown possible?

I'm searching for an alternative behaviour of the TComboBox when
scrolling through the DroppedDown list. The selected item is also
displayed in the text field. But I would that text field unchanged until
the selected item is accepted by Enter. I've been searching the internet
but can't find anything.
My own programming skills are not of a level to create a solution
myself. Did anyone else tried something like this?

--
mvg
Frans van Leeuwen

--
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Re: [Lazarus] TComboBox: Is different behaviour when DroppedDown possible?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 04.01.2021 15:28, frans via lazarus wrote:
> I'm searching for an alternative behaviour of the TComboBox when
> scrolling through the DroppedDown list. The selected item is also
> displayed in the text field. But I would that text field unchanged
> until the selected item is accepted by Enter. I've been searching the
> internet but can't find anything.
> My own programming skills are not of a level to create a solution
> myself. Did anyone else tried something like this?

TComboBox is a native control on all widgetsets, that means its behavior
is under the control of the OS. I don't know what platform you are on,
but at least on Windows this cannot be customized. You would need a
completely custom TComboBox alternative.

Ondrej