[Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Reinier  Napoles Martinez
Best Regards

I'm amateur of programming, I started a port  the version 2.0.5 of Synedit and
the TSynWeb v1.5 for lazarus.
Works quite well on Windows, In Linux has some problems with the repainting
fundamentally. With some help ,I think I can fully porting. I would like to
contact the person who created the current port that comes with lazarus, to
solve these problems.
I would also like to know if it's exist a great difference between Lazarus
Synedit   and the version 2.0.5

list of units ported to lazarus

SynCompletionProposal.pas
SynEditHighlighter.pas
SynEditKbdHandler.pas
SynEditKeyCmds.pas
SynEditKeyConst.pas
SynEditMiscClasses.pas
SynEditMiscProcs.pas
SynEdit.pas
SynEditScrollBar.pas
SynEditStrConst.pas
SynEditTextBuffer.pas
SynEditTypes.pas
SynEditWordWrap.pas
SynHighlighterMulti.pas
SynHighlighterPas.pas
SynRegExpr.pas
SynTextDrawer.pas

I put some  screenshots in
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/SynEdit/port

sorry for my basic english ;)

En la tierra hace falta personas que trabajen más y critiquen menos,
que construyan más y destruyan menos, que prometan menos y
resuelvan más que esperen recibir menos y dar más que digan mejor
ahora que mañana.
                                                 Che

Re: [Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Martin Frb
On 17/03/2011 20:12, Reinier Napoles Martinez wrote:
> Best Regards
>
> I'm amateur of programming, I started a port  the version 2.0.5 of Synedit and
> the TSynWeb v1.5 for lazarus.
> Works quite well on Windows, In Linux has some problems with the repainting
> fundamentally. With some help ,I think I can fully porting. I would like to
> contact the person who created the current port that comes with lazarus, to
> solve these problems.

Not sure who "created" the lazarus port. The lazarus port was started
long ago. In the past 2 years I have however maintained it, and added to it.

Start asking

> I would also like to know if it's exist a great difference between Lazarus
> Synedit   and the version 2.0.5
The difference are huge. Lazarus version is based on Synedit 1.1 or 1.2,
and was refactored later

Btw, what do you hope of a new port?

Martin

Re: [Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Reinier  Napoles Martinez
>> Martin write
>Btw, what do you hope of a new port?

I'm not completely sure if I answer your question.

I want port all the components of Synedit to lazarus to be 100% functional. Later I want  port  SynEditStudio components, who allow  loading  the syntax from XML and supports unicode.

For example the Component SynCompletionProposal  supports pretty textout
Handle two StringList,insertList and  ItemList.
Supports Param completion and show hint about the code

Example:

SynCompletionProposal1.InsertList.Add('constructor \column{}\style{+B}Create\style{-B}(AOwner: TCustomSynEdit)')

SynCompletionProposal1.ItemList.Add('Create');

print Create in bold on the Completion window and insert Create in the editor

The Synedit component support  around the  50 Syntax Highlighter.

about SynWeb Some features:    taken from http://code.google.com/p/synweb/

    * support for embedded:
          o PHP, CSS, JS in XHTML/HTML
          o PHP in CSS (.css), JS (.js), WML
    * support for ANSI and Unicode version of SynEdit
    * faster about 2-10 times than using TSynMultiSyn
    * full validation for tags (also checks for valid '/>' or '/') and its attributes for HTML across difference versions (for XHTML - case sensitive)
    * values in tags without quotation are also highlighted as ValueAttrib (only in HTML, in XHTML is highlighted as error because, XHTML doesn't allow for unquoted values)
    * support for WML 1.1/1.2/1.3
    * in CSS validation for tags (you can set also HTML version)
    * validation for special entity characters (eg. &, ©)
    * almost FULL validation for CSS across CSS1 and CSS2.1
    * support for

      <script language="php">

      as start tag for PHP (also <?, <?php, <?=, <%)
    * end tags for PHP doesn't stop in strings, comments (stops only in singleline), etc, you can now write "<?xml ... ?>" and PHP mode doesn't stop,
    * support for custom HEREDOC names (defined in TStringList, or any you type - comparing based on CRC8)
    * support for encapusled vars or escaped chars in strings (different highlighter attrib) with error checking
    * any word in PHP (but not keyword or function name) written in UpperCase highlighted as ConstantAttrib
    * ActiveHighlighterSwitch - see demo (check 'Active HL' in demo app)
    * parsed source code of php to get built-in function names (for php4 and php5+PECL)
    * any many more.

How  I can share the code  I've changed with the lazarus project

Sorry for my english ;)

On 17/03/2011 22:31, Reinier Napoles Martinez wrote:
>>> Martin write
>> Btw, what do you hope of a new port?
> I'm not completely sure if I answer your question.
>
> I want port all the components of Synedit to lazarus to be 100% functional. Later I want  port  SynEditStudio components, who allow  loading  the syntax from XML and supports unicode.
ok google brings up mainly Chinese sites for synedit studio => and I
can't understand that...

> The Synedit component support  around the  50 Syntax Highlighter.
there are ported versions of some:

> about SynWeb Some features:    taken from http://code.google.com/p/synweb/
>
>      * faster about 2-10 times than using TSynMultiSyn
yeah, synmultisyn is not a solution, it's a workaround...

If SynWeb is a highlighter, it may be possible to port it to lazarus'
synedit => then folding could be added.
That would however be a considerable amount of work.... (and I do not
have that much time at the moment.)

> How  I can share the code  I've changed with the lazarus project

You can always make it an installable package. Not sure how to solve the
name conflicts though.

> Sorry for my english ;)
No reason to be sorry.
A lot of people on this list aren't native english speakers

Re: [Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Eugen Bolz
Am 17.03.11 21:12, schrieb Reinier Napoles Martinez:

> Best Regards
>
> I'm amateur of programming, I started a port  the version 2.0.5 of Synedit and
> the TSynWeb v1.5 for lazarus.
> Works quite well on Windows, In Linux has some problems with the repainting
> fundamentally. With some help ,I think I can fully porting. I would like to
> contact the person who created the current port that comes with lazarus, to
> solve these problems.
> I would also like to know if it's exist a great difference between Lazarus
> Synedit   and the version 2.0.5
>
> list of units ported to lazarus
>
> SynCompletionProposal.pas

Thats great!

I've tried it several times to port SynCompletionProposal, but due lack
of time I couldn't get it to work :(

Re: [Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Reinier  Napoles Martinez
with the help of Martin , I have managed  solve several problems
if you wants , i send what that  I have so far.

ik

Re: [Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

ik
You can use shared source location such as github so everyone can see your updates and try themselves and even send fixed and help you.

Ido

LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il