[Lazarus] SynEdit - marking a line

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi List.

I have just recently started playing with SynEdit and all it's features,
but so far things have been going good.

The examples in lazarus are fine and have helped a lot!

However i would like to mark a whole line, much like done in in the IDE
when placing breakpoints etc.?

I would be glad if someone could help me in the right direction. :)

Regards
Torsten Bonde Christiansen

Re: [Lazarus] SynEdit - marking a line

On 18/11/2016 07:50, Torsten Bonde Christiansen via Lazarus wrote:

> Hi List.
>
> I have just recently started playing with SynEdit and all it's
> features, but so far things have been going good.
>
> The examples in lazarus are fine and have helped a lot!
>
> However i would like to mark a whole line, much like done in in the
> IDE when placing breakpoints etc.?
>
> I would be glad if someone could help me in the right direction. :)
Search for
OnSpecialLine Markup
(or OnSpecialLineColor, if it is just background color)

The code in this event should be fast. It will be called many times
(everytime any part of a line is painted).

So calculate and store the needed info somewhere else, and then in the
event, only compare the line number with the stored value.