[Lazarus] Suppress compiler switches?

Craig Peterson-2
As part of our automated build process, we have a .cfg file that we pass
to fpc with all of the command line arguments necessary.  Currently, all
of those settings are duplicated in the associated Lazarus .lpi file and
I'd like to fix that so they're only stored in one place.

I see "Use additional compiler config file (@)" in the "Config and
Target" section of the Project Options, but there doesn't appear to be a
way to /only/ use that, so it isn't passing in unnecessary inherited
configuration options.  Is there any way to do so?  If not, is there a
preferred way compile from the command line?

Thanks,

Zoë Peterson
Scooter Software

Re: [Lazarus] Suppress compiler switches?

Mattias Gaertner
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 18:11:12 -0500
Zoë Peterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As part of our automated build process, we have a .cfg file that we pass
> to fpc with all of the command line arguments necessary.  Currently, all
> of those settings are duplicated in the associated Lazarus .lpi file and
> I'd like to fix that so they're only stored in one place.
>
> I see "Use additional compiler config file (@)" in the "Config and
> Target" section of the Project Options, but there doesn't appear to be a
> way to /only/ use that, so it isn't passing in unnecessary inherited
> configuration options.  Is there any way to do so?

No.
The IDE does not even know the options in this file. It does not know
the options of the default fpc.cfg either. It runs the compiler once
with a test file and reads the output, so the IDE only knows the total
options of compiler defaults plus fpc.cfg.

> If not, is there a
> preferred way compile from the command line?

You can use lazbuild
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/lazbuild