[Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Eric Kom-3
Hi Folk,
Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
client library?
Thanks

--
--
Kind Regards

Eric Kom

Senior IT Technician - Metropolitan Schools
        _________________________________________
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
        -----------------------------------------
          \
           \
               .--.
              |o_o |
              |:_/ |
             //   \ \
            (| Kom | )
           /'\_   _/`\
           \___)=(___/

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
[hidden email] | [hidden email] www.kom.za.net |
www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

leledumbo
Administrator
> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
> client library?

TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Eric Kom-3


On 12/05/2015 10:03, leledumbo wrote:
>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>> client library?
> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>
Tested, and it works perfectly
Thanks again

>
> --
> View this message in context: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/Lazarus-Support-for-MariaDB-10-0-tp4042171p4042174.html
> Sent from the Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus

--
--
Kind Regards

Eric Kom

Senior IT Technician - Metropolitan Schools
        _________________________________________
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
        -----------------------------------------
          \
           \
               .--.
              |o_o |
              |:_/ |
             //   \ \
            (| Kom | )
           /'\_   _/`\
           \___)=(___/

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
[hidden email] | [hidden email] www.kom.za.net |
www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Koenraad Lelong-2
In reply to this post by leledumbo
Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>> client library?
>
> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>
Hi,

I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not
connect. Any solution ?

Thanks.


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Michael Van Canneyt


On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
>>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>>> client library?
>>
>> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not connect.
> Any solution ?

What is the error ?

Michael.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Josef
Hi,

I have also problems to connect with TMySQL56Connection. The
error-message is "can not work with the installed MySql client version:
Expected (5.6) got (10.0.13-MariaDB)".
(fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2)

Josef


Am 09.06.2015 um 07:27 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

>
>
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>
>> Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
>>>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>>>> client library?
>>>
>>> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not
>> connect. Any solution ?
>
> What is the error ?
>
> Michael.
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

leledumbo
Administrator
> fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2

Perhaps opensuse team creates its own 2.6.4? AFAIR TMySQL56Connection is not available in 2.6.4. You should either use fixes 3.0.0 or trunk.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Michael Van Canneyt
In reply to this post by Josef


On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Josef Schnieder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have also problems to connect with TMySQL56Connection. The error-message is
> "can not work with the installed MySql client version: Expected (5.6) got
> (10.0.13-MariaDB)".
> (fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2)

Well.
The code checks if 5.6 or 10.0 is present in the version string reported by the client.
So normally it should work, but with trunk only. Not with 2.6.4.
So you'll have to wait for the upcoming 3.0

Michael.

>
> Josef
>
>
> Am 09.06.2015 um 07:27 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
>>
>>
>> On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>>
>>> Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
>>>>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>>>>> client library?
>>>>
>>>> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not
>>> connect. Any solution ?
>>
>> What is the error ?
>>
>> Michael.
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________________________
>> Lazarus mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
>
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
>

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Josef
Thanks for this information.

I take the changes from the trunk and put it into the 2.6.4 source (only
some lines depedence to  "mariadb").
now it works.

Josef

Am 10.06.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

>
>
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Josef Schnieder wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have also problems to connect with TMySQL56Connection. The
>> error-message is "can not work with the installed MySql client
>> version: Expected (5.6) got (10.0.13-MariaDB)".
>> (fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2)
>
> Well. The code checks if 5.6 or 10.0 is present in the version string
> reported by the client.
> So normally it should work, but with trunk only. Not with 2.6.4. So
> you'll have to wait for the upcoming 3.0
>
> Michael.
>
>>
>> Josef
>>
>>
>> Am 09.06.2015 um 07:27 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>>>
>>>> Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
>>>>>> Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
>>>>>> client library?
>>>>>
>>>>> TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.
>>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not
>>>> connect. Any solution ?
>>>
>>> What is the error ?
>>>
>>> Michael.
>>>
>>> --
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Lazarus mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
>>
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________________________
>> Lazarus mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
>>
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Petr Hložek
I had the same problem. It's solved - I put updated source code to dedicated subfolder into source folder of the project - https://github.com/ok2cqr/cqrlog/tree/master/src/mysql

and added this folder to library path. I will delete this folder after fpc 3.0 will be released.

Petr

2015-06-10 12:25 GMT+02:00 Josef Schnieder <[hidden email]>:
Thanks for this information.

I take the changes from the trunk and put it into the 2.6.4 source (only some lines depedence to  "mariadb").
now it works.

Josef


Am 10.06.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:


On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Josef Schnieder wrote:

Hi,

I have also problems to connect with TMySQL56Connection. The error-message is "can not work with the installed MySql client version: Expected (5.6) got (10.0.13-MariaDB)".
(fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2)

Well. The code checks if 5.6 or 10.0 is present in the version string reported by the client.
So normally it should work, but with trunk only. Not with 2.6.4. So you'll have to wait for the upcoming 3.0

Michael.


Josef


Am 09.06.2015 um 07:27 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:


On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 12-05-15 om 10:03 schreef leledumbo:
Any support for MariaDB 10.0 branch?
client library?

TMySQL56Connection can connect to MariaDB perfectly.

Hi,

I have the MariaDB 10.0.13 client-libs. TMySQL56Connection can not connect. Any solution ?

What is the error ?

Michael.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
On 2015-06-10 20:29, Petr Hložek wrote:
> and added this folder to library path. I will delete this folder after
> fpc 3.0 will be released.

Good idea. I've done that many times too for various components found in
the FPC Trunk's FCL - while still using a stable FPC release compiler.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Support for MariaDB 10.0

Koenraad Lelong-2
In reply to this post by leledumbo
Op 10-06-15 om 07:43 schreef leledumbo:
>> fpc 2.6.4-2.10, lazarus 1.4.0.0, OpenSuse 13.2
>
> Perhaps opensuse team creates its own 2.6.4? AFAIR TMySQL56Connection is not
> available in 2.6.4. You should either use fixes 3.0.0 or trunk.
>
I used fpc-up. In the about-form of lazarus I get :
Version 1.5
Date : 2015-05-05
FPC version : 2.6.5
SVN version : 48926
x86_64-linux-gtk 2

The error is like Josef Schnieder said.

I'm going to try to replace the files.

Koenraad.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus