[Lazarus] Source -> Toggle Comment

Juha Manninen
Hi

I changed the shortcut for Toggle Comment into Ctrl+T.
I also added some more shortcuts.

Shortcut for ecToggleComment was defined as: Ctrl+VK_OEM_2.
It was displayed in menu caption as garbage.

And:
 VK_OEM_2 = $BF;
 // Used for miscellaneous characters; it can vary by keyboard.
 // For the US standard keyboard, the '/?' key

I couldn't trigger the Toggle Comment feature whatever keys I pressed.
(I don't have US keyboard).
The original Ctrl+VK_OEM_2 can still be used as an alternative shortcut, with
keyboards that support it.

Re: [Lazarus] Source -> Toggle Comment

Juha Manninen
Juha (gmail) kirjoitti keskiviikko, 30. maaliskuuta 2011 15:46:36:
> I changed the shortcut for Toggle Comment into Ctrl+T.

Sorry, I meant Ctrl+Shift+T.

Re: [Lazarus] Source -> Toggle Comment

Vincent Snijders
2011/3/30 Juha (gmail) <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> I changed the shortcut for Toggle Comment into Ctrl+T.
> I also added some more shortcuts.
>
> Shortcut for ecToggleComment was defined as: Ctrl+VK_OEM_2.
> It was displayed in menu caption as garbage.
>
> And:
>  VK_OEM_2 = $BF;
>  // Used for miscellaneous characters; it can vary by keyboard.
>  // For the US standard keyboard, the '/?' key
>
> I couldn't trigger the Toggle Comment feature whatever keys I pressed.
> (I don't have US keyboard).
> The original Ctrl+VK_OEM_2 can still be used as an alternative shortcut, with
> keyboards that support it.

Is ctrl + / still the default alternative shortcut?

Vincent

Vincent Snijders kirjoitti keskiviikko, 30. maaliskuuta 2011 16:16:31:
> Is ctrl + / still the default alternative shortcut?

Yes.
The benefit having it as an alternative (number 2 choice) is that the first
shortcut is shown in menu caption properly.
VK_OEM_2 was showing as garbage.

Re: [Lazarus] Source -> Toggle Comment

Vincent Snijders
2011/3/30 Juha (gmail) <[hidden email]>:
> Vincent Snijders kirjoitti keskiviikko, 30. maaliskuuta 2011 16:16:31:
>> Is ctrl + / still the default alternative shortcut?
>
> Yes.
> The benefit having it as an alternative (number 2 choice) is that the first
> shortcut is shown in menu caption properly.
> VK_OEM_2 was showing as garbage.

OK. Good improvement, without drawbacks, as far as I can see.

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: [Lazarus] Source -> Toggle Comment

Martin Frb
On 30/03/2011 13:56, Juha (gmail) wrote:
> Juha (gmail) kirjoitti keskiviikko, 30. maaliskuuta 2011 15:46:36:
>> I changed the shortcut for Toggle Comment into Ctrl+T.
> Sorry, I meant Ctrl+Shift+T.

Isn't that used by "insert todo" ?

Martin kirjoitti keskiviikko, 30. maaliskuuta 2011 17:46:22:
> > Sorry, I meant Ctrl+Shift+T.
>
> Isn't that used by "insert todo" ?

Damn right! The "shortcut space" is getting crowded.
I am about to change it to Ctrl+Shift+W which is not used in the default
mapping.