[Lazarus] ShowModal always brings up MainForm, is this normal? (GTK)

[Lazarus] ShowModal always brings up MainForm, is this normal? (GTK)

Alexsander Rosa
All my forms are auto-created (is this relevant?). When I call (in MainForm) Form1.Show and then Form1 calls Form2.ShowModal, the MainForm is ALWAYS brought up behind Form2.

If you have a document open and you want to work side-by-side with Form1 (and eventually Form2), you need to move MainForm somewhere (and sometimes there's no space) to avoid blocking the view of the document. Even if I minimize the MainForm before calling Form2.ShowModal, the MainForm always comes up.

Is this normal? Is there a way to go around it?

--
Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa

Re: [Lazarus] ShowModal always brings up MainForm, is this normal? (GTK)

zeljko
On 12/02/2014 03:08 PM, Alexsander Rosa wrote:

> All my forms are auto-created (is this relevant?). When I call (in
> MainForm) Form1.Show and then Form1 calls Form2.ShowModal, the MainForm
> is ALWAYS brought up behind Form2.
>
> If you have a document open and you want to work side-by-side with Form1
> (and eventually Form2), you need to move MainForm somewhere (and
> sometimes there's no space) to avoid blocking the view of the document.
> Even if I minimize the MainForm before calling Form2.ShowModal, the
> MainForm always comes up.
>
> Is this normal? Is there a way to go around it?

Create issue and attach example project. Also write (explain) as much
possible about widgetset if you're under x11 (eg distro, window manager,
libs version if you're talking about gtk2 or qt).

zeljko

Re: [Lazarus] ShowModal always brings up MainForm, is this normal? (GTK)

leledumbo
Administrator
> Is this normal? Is there a way to go around it?

Yes, I experience both in Windows and Linux (KDE). This applies to non-Lazarus made apps as well, so I guess it's system defined.