[Lazarus] Selection block/brace

vojtech.cihak
Hi,

I tried two items from Lazarus Edit menu: Select to Brace and Select Code Block. Both seem do nothing. Are they broken? I didn't use them before so I expexted they would do what their name say. I have Lazarus 1.9.0 r57693M FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt.

Thanks

V.

Re: [Lazarus] Selection block/brace

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 25/04/2018 03:01, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried two items from Lazarus Edit menu: Select to Brace and Select Code Block. Both seem do nothing. Are they broken? I didn't use them before so I expexted they would do what their name say. I have Lazarus 1.9.0 r57693M FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt.

Select to brace works well, if the caret is at a brace ()[]{}

"Code block" may not yet be implemented (check console output), needs to
be verified. If so should be hidden....

Re: [Lazarus] Selection block/brace

vojtech.cihak

Select to Brace does nothing, no matter if caret is outside or inside (),[] or {}.

What it shoulld do?

(abc|def) should select "def"?

Thanks,

V.

> Od: Martin Frb via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
> Komu: [hidden email]
> Datum: 26.04.2018 18:35
> Předmět: Re: [Lazarus] Selection block/brace

On 25/04/2018 03:01, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried two items from Lazarus Edit menu: Select to Brace and Select Code Block. Both seem do nothing. Are they broken? I didn't use them before so I expexted they would do what their name say. I have Lazarus 1.9.0 r57693M FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt.

Select to brace works well, if the caret is at a brace ()[]{}

"Code block" may not yet be implemented (check console output), needs to
be verified. If so should be hidden....

Re: [Lazarus] Selection block/brace

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 26/04/2018 21:56, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:

Hi,

Select to Brace does nothing, no matter if caret is outside or inside (),[] or {}.

What it shoulld do?

(abc|def) should select "def"?

It seems to only work, if the caret is either before the opening ( or behind the )

It then selects the entire text (both brackets, and the content)

This is just from a quick test, using trunk (but a few weeks old)