[Lazarus] SdpoSerial Tx and Rx buffers?

Re: [Lazarus] SdpoSerial Tx and Rx buffers?

Bo Berglund
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:05:50 +0100, Michael Schnell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 02/18/2011 02:43 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I have to somehow adapt to this fact and add a buffer layer myself in
>> a thread that feeds data to the WriteData method.
>That is why I suggested that the best way to go is porting the
>appropriate parts of AsyncPro, that perfectly does this.
>
>Some time a go I did a quite in-depth research on this issue, yielding
>this result, and I of course would have already done it, unless the
>project would have been delayed for other reasons.

As I think I mentioned I once tried to just see which AP units were
involved with the serial port stuff and it was almost all of them...
Furthermore I want a simple cross-platform working serial port
handler, because in the end the target is embedded Linux for ARM and
not Windows or Linux on x86 platforms....

I am hoping that SdpoSerial is just this cross-platform one so I am
working around its problems rather than embarking on something I am
not good enough doing.